For someone who likes a challenge: I need a magic box (without having to overhaul my whole system) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ordered the Panny P55UT50 and I have little clue if it will play anything I want via the USB port (most notably AVCHD or MKV SBS). I heard it was finicky.

I've got no player, a receiver with only optical in and out (no hdmi) and an older Xbox with no HDMI either. I'm probably going to need some kind of switch to run everything via HDMI into the tv and then out via optical into the receiver (too bad the tv doesn't have optical in).

I have spent a couple dollars (from BF) on Blu-rays but I'd rather just store them on a digital drive and network it all. Perhaps I will get a player someday, but I am content with hooking up my laptop (with integrated graphics, sadly) to my TV for now. I just feel there must be a better way to network it all, so I don't need to be sitting on a computer right next to the TV (VLC remote is about the only good thing I have going). And 3D is not currently possible at all, that I know of.

Is there a media streaming device that can do this all for me? I am open to players too, if they can do it all and accept external HDD's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2012, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I guess I figured it out. Cheap optical splitter to handle tv out and xbox out.

Then found this thread, too bad the HiMedia 900A does not even exist on Amazon or Ebay anymore. Everyone is bought!!

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1384106/3d-playback-by-newest-streaming-boxes-realtek-1186

Also this thread was hard to search for here. Impossible really. Needed google on the phone and clever keywords
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page