Vizio Co-Star problems, advice needed... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received a Vizio Co-Star Google TV to upgrade my now aging Logitech Revue. I have contacted customer support for this issue, but I am apprehensive in their solution.

Backstory: Turn unit on for first time, it loaded straight into the homescreen, hit the Vizio button on the remote, side menu popped up, I started to run the setup wizards. Popped up a firmware update, so I elected to update. Unit downloaded, rebooted, then nothing. Black screen. After about 10 minutes of nothing on the screen, I decide to unplug and plug back in the unit to restart it. Vizio logo pops up, then goes black. TV eventually turns blue and states no input detected.

Kept unplugging, and plugging back in, got a promising screen saying it couldn't reboot properly and asked me to hit OK to reboot or if I wanted to do a factory reset. I elected to reboot, still same thing. Got the screen again, did a reset, still nothing.

I contact support and in a nutshell, they state I need to have HDMI 1.4 cables due to HDCP. They said the video signal gets encrypted past the Vizio splash screen and that is why I cannot see any picture and just a black screen. I have HDMI 1.3 cables and have used them with no issues at all on my Logitech Revue and a Western Digital WDTV Live box. I believe my TV only has HDMI 1.3 inputs anyways (Philips 42PFL5704D), so I don't understand how upgrading the cable to a standard the TV theoretically cannot support would help? Should I bite the bullet and buy the cable for giggles and see if it works, or try to RMA the unit with them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Have you not read the thread on this miserable piece of crap? Send it back...
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page