Advice: Dune Smart H1/D1 or Mede8er MED1000X3D - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the same boat and ready to move up from my first generation WD TV Live Plus. I don't care of 3D and have had my eye on the Dune D1 or H1. I'm glad to hear people say it is still an excellent option as the lack of a jukebox makes it difficult sometimes in choosing a movie that the wife is interested in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
A question about the Dume smart.

I know this player can handle full blu ray menu but it is posible with this player to skip the menu and start the movie right away?
post #33 of 37 Old 02-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Yes, you will have the option to play "lite" mode if you want, so you will be able to go straight to the movie without going through any menu.
post #34 of 37 Old 02-17-2013, 03:34 PM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

Yes, you will have the option to play "lite" mode if you want, so you will be able to go straight to the movie without going through any menu.

You can but I would stay away from lite-mode. There's no support for forced subtitles and seamless branching isn't so seamless. The best bet is to rip to movie-only BDMVs or ISOs - same impact no pesky menus, trailers, etc. but you still retain the blu-ray structure which ensures forced subs will be played when they need to and seamless branching is indeed seamless.
post #35 of 37 Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

Thanks for the info smile.gif
post #36 of 37 Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post

You can but I would stay away from lite-mode. There's no support for forced subtitles and seamless branching isn't so seamless. The best bet is to rip to movie-only BDMVs or ISOs - same impact no pesky menus, trailers, etc. but you still retain the blu-ray structure which ensures forced subs will be played when they need to and seamless branching is indeed seamless.

Of course this is the best solution but if his files are already including menus and he doesn't want to re-rip then playing lite is still a possibility wink.gif (of course with the problems you just mentioned)
post #37 of 37 Old 02-18-2013, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, what is the quality of the Dune internal DAC like? I ask because I have a very good pre/pro (NAD M15 with Burr Brown DACs) which has unfortunately not aged well in terms of certain audio codecs, so while it is great for music, I need something that can output analogue audio well: I have a Popcorn Hour A-110 right now, and its analogue output is awful (I find I have to use its analogue out for about 30% of mkvs). But it plays most video files I throw at, inlike my much better sounding Oppo 83SE dvd player, which is now a bit of a white elephant in my house due to poor video format support.

I need some advice as to what to buy next...Is this even the right place to be asking this question?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page