Need advice for picking the best (and best price) media server with external drive - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this is the BEST place to ask for advice. I am looking to move to a media server in my basement home theater. I have an Infocus 720p project, 120" screen, 7.1 sound, Yamaha sound. I would like to take current movie collect and copy to my just purchased 2 gb external drive (Fry's sale at $58 Black Friday)

So . . . I purchased the LG SP520 at Fry's for $25 on Black Friday. While it works well, it can not play VOB, and the only way I can have 5.1 sound is to rip to AVI. That is not a first choice, even though the space may be the same as VOB (HELP on that one). The LG plays MP4 and MK4 as stereo only with ACC, and Dolby stereo with AC3 using optical out (the only out) All of these play 5.1 on my LG blue ray with external USB.

NOW FOR YOUR HELP - hopefully I have provided the info needed. I would love to keep the LG media player if ripping to AVI is a suitable method. Otherwise, I have looked at WD TV Live, Micca, or maybe the Roku XS. Any suggested will be very much appreciated. I would like to get a good media box that can output audio correctly, and take my DVDs and be similar to playing a DVD on my bluray.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page