Where is the Dune Base 4 3D player? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
This player is slated to be releases in November 2012. Well, couple more days it will be December. Anyone know what's going on with these releases or if it will ever get released? I haven't heard ANYTHING regarding the new Dune Players.

They also have announced a new HD MAX 2 3D player to be released in December 2012 also.

What's going on? Are companies doing so bad they announce products then don't actually make anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

This player is slated to be releases in November 2012. Well, couple more days it will be December. Anyone know what's going on with these releases or if it will ever get released? I haven't heard ANYTHING regarding the new Dune Players.
They also have announced a new HD MAX 2 3D player to be released in December 2012 also.
What's going on? Are companies doing so bad they announce products then don't actually make anything?
Dune will release it when it is done, or would you rather have it now and wait for a year to get it working properly? A-300 cough cough a-400 more coughing...
:-)
post #3 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicguy View Post

Dune will release it when it is done, or would you rather have it now and wait for a year to get it working properly? A-300 cough cough a-400 more coughing...
:-)

The point I was trying to make was why announce a release date and then NEVER committing to it? I am NOT an Apple person, but that's the only company that makes an announcement about a product and actually releases it on the day they say they will. Unfortunately in this market an announcement is like making a sporting bet with your friend and taking it like a grain of salt. It basically means nothing to them. I WANT for one of these companies to actually care about the information they release to the public. Where did the backbone of companies die to? Lies, lies, lies, and more lies. Breathe....

Anyway I would rather wait for a new Dune player then any other manufacturer out there. Worth the wait for me.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Im still waiting on the DUNE PRO when will it be done. going on 2 years now =P It better come out rock solid.

But in all honesty, there were rumors that the 8673 sigma chip was flawed and a RevB batch would be ready first q1 of 2013 no one would ever confirm the rumor though, So if its true no base 3d until then. If rumor is not true I suspect end of a December given I think zappatti showed a working version of there branded player as long as it was real then that means the PCB boards are already designed and made which is the last couple steps
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page