Zappiti not scraping at all.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I finally took the plunge and installed Zappiti. I'm very familair with how everything works and how to configure folders, path names, and all that. Anyway, I selected a folder that had about 50 movies in it. I "scanned" the folder, then I select to "scrap" them for info/images, etc....

It failed on EVERY movie. I changed the scraper to IMDB or whatever the other option was there. Same result. I could see the program change the status to "identifying" then it would display "failed". So it was seeing the movies and the content. Then I made sure a few movies were named perfectly. Exact movie title. Same results. Zappitti couldn't scrap anything. For years I have been viewing my movie collection by just seeing the movie name, and this type of problem brings back the memory on why I choose to just list file names. Keep in mind, I did install Plex Server and pointed Plex Server to the same movie folder and Plex Server was able to find info on ALL the movies in that folder. So it seems to be an issue with Zappiti. Besides never using the program again and just trashing it, is there anything to be done to get the scrapping to work?

Here is the failed attempt: Just click on the image below and it will get bigger.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-30-2012, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20

Your example doesn't show the year following the title eg. (2012). Give it a try, other scrapers I've used need this and I see in the guide they're using this as well even though I don't see it specifically called out.
post #3 of 17 Old 11-30-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

Your example doesn't show the year following the title eg. (2012). Give it a try, other scrapers I've used need this and I see in the guide they're using this as well even though I don't see it specifically called out.

HUH? The year? That's the whole reason why I wanted to "scrape" my movie collection so I wouldn't have to go out and find all this information. If the movie title alone doesn't work then the program is crap and useless. Like how many "The Da Vinchi Code" movie titles are there? Pretty lame.
post #4 of 17 Old 11-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Lol, sorry I didn't make the programs. It's not that difficult however, just go to imdb and type it there in the search. Chances are you won't even have to type the full name for each as it'll filter the title to the top quickly. You could also copy and paste the title if it makes it faster for you. Scraping pulls a lot more info than just the year, I'll gladly edit my titles with the year vs. gathering all the images and movie data manually.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. I had Zappiti running fine and scraping fine, with a few errors here and there. But now it will not scrape anything. Starts to identify and then fails for every movie. My movie files are meticulously named with proper movie title followed by year in parenthesis, e.g. "Moneyball (2011)" I've reinstalled Zappiti and still have no luck. Anyone else having problems? TIA
post #6 of 17 Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish13 View Post

I'm having the same problem all of a sudden. I had Zappiti running fine and scraping fine, with a few errors here and there. But now it will not scrape anything. Starts to identify and then fails for every movie. My movie files are meticulously named with proper movie title followed by year in parenthesis, e.g. "Moneyball (2011)" I've reinstalled Zappiti and still have no luck. Anyone else having problems? TIA

I just uninstalled the program. Failing %100 like this is obvious that this program has a long way to go before it gets any good. Then to think they are making a hardware media player relying on this software? My god, I wouldn't touch that player with a 20 foot pole.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-02-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 295
^^^ Zappiti is great; I've been using it for like...uh, 3 years with exactly NO issues. Anyone think it might be a problem at the database end? rolleyes.gif

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #8 of 17 Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I even posted a picture for proof that it isn't working. What else can I do?
post #9 of 17 Old 12-03-2012, 03:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

I even posted a picture for proof that it isn't working. What else can I do?

Opentoe, forgive me...but you do understand how scraping works...right? You do realize, Zappiti is not responsible for maintaining movie and TV show information, right? That it simply points to an independent database...like imdb, or thetvdb?

My point is, if it's not working right now...it's likely an issue with the db; not Zappiti. Zappiti is a very simple program; it goes to a db, identifies your file, and stores pictures and info in a pretty GUI. FWIW, I just noticed Zappiti isn't scraping my latest rip, Brave...either. But since it's worked for years and years; again...I'm going to assume there's a temporary issue at the db; or at worst, in the interaction between Zappiti and the db.

To make a statement like "failing %100 like this is obvious that this program has a long way to go before it gets any good. Then to think they are making a hardware media player relying on this software? My god, I wouldn't touch that player with a 20 foot pole"...is over-reacting a bit, dontcha think? rolleyes.gif

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #10 of 17 Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Opentoe what version did you install?
post #11 of 17 Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Been using Zappiti for a couple of years now, and working excellent. No, I uses whenever I updated. I name my movies as "movie name (year).m2ts or mkv. TV Shows are all ISO files name as follows "tv show name SxxExx SxxExx SxxExx.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #12 of 17 Old 12-03-2012, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post

Opentoe what version did you install?

I installed version 2.7.13.0. Downloaded it from their webpage.

I even tried the program again.
Created a folder called "movies". Created a folder in there called "A FEW GOOD MEN". Then copied the movie into that folder called "A FEW GOOD MEN.MKV".
The program failed to scrape that movie. I'm sorry. If it can't find very popular movies that have been around for years it certainly isn't going to find other movies. I also tried both "scraper" selections.

I'll just ditch Zappiti again and use Plex going forward. It has been able to get all my movies and TV shows just fine. Doesn't seem to be "refined" enough for me anyway.
post #13 of 17 Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:

Created a folder called "movies". Created a folder in there called "A FEW GOOD MEN". Then copied the movie into that folder called "A FEW GOOD MEN.MKV".
The program failed to scrape that movie. I'm sorry. If it can't find very popular movies that have been around for years it certainly isn't going to find other movies. I also tried both "scraper" selections.
I'll just ditch Zappiti again and use Plex going forward. It has been able to get all my movies and TV shows just fine. Doesn't seem to be "refined" enough for me anyway.

That's weird. I've never had an issue with Zappiti. I can even add my own folder and background if I can't find what I want.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #14 of 17 Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Zappiti working again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Thankfully all of the files were still there in the "Zappiti Resources" folder so I didn't lose any data or have to rescrape my old titles. After reinstalling I changed the scraper from tmdb to imdb and then back again to tmdb and it's now working. I have no idea why. My only remaining issue is that when it does a bad scrape I can't change the art in the normal way (by clicking on the tmdb black bar and getting a fresh list of movies) instead I have to pull images off web to hard drive and choose from hard drive on Zappiti. After Zappiti creates its own jpg I can then delete the images I DL'd, and I have to plug in movie details from imdb manually. It's a pain in the ass, but thankfully 90% are scraping ok. I do think its a problem with the program and not the online databases, but I have no idea what the issue was/is. @opentoe try changing the scrapers around and see if that helps.
post #15 of 17 Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

First of all A Few Good Men is a great movie(your sort of showing your age lol) Is it possible your anti virus software didn't like Zappiti and could be blocking it? On the settings and scrappers tab does it say for movie and movie image TMDB? I'm taking a stab at this point but what port does it say for the player tab? Maybe the port is blocked? Sound like something is preventing Zappiti from communicating with TMDB.

I know your really frustrated at this point but maybe try help at mpcclub.com Zappiti forum.

ps How are you using Plex for Dune?
post #16 of 17 Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish13 View Post

I have Zappiti working again. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Thankfully all of the files were still there in the "Zappiti Resources" folder so I didn't lose any data or have to rescrape my old titles. After reinstalling I changed the scraper from tmdb to imdb and then back again to tmdb and it's now working. I have no idea why. My only remaining issue is that when it does a bad scrape I can't change the art in the normal way (by clicking on the tmdb black bar and getting a fresh list of movies) instead I have to pull images off web to hard drive and choose from hard drive on Zappiti. After Zappiti creates its own jpg I can then delete the images I DL'd, and I have to plug in movie details from imdb manually. It's a pain in the ass, but thankfully 90% are scraping ok. I do think its a problem with the program and not the online databases, but I have no idea what the issue was/is. @opentoe try changing the scrapers around and see if that helps.

You should not have to do all that. If you select the movie that is wrong and you are looking at the synopsis page in the top left corner(you have to mouse over it for it to appear) you should see and edit, scrape detail, and scrape picture icon. If you click the scrape details you can retype in the title name and select the correct title. If you don't like the images you can click the scrape pictures and change them( 2 tabs one for poster and one for background click the picture you want for the options available and click chose button and Zappiti will change it for you)
post #17 of 17 Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Well...this is a little embarrassing. When someone above suggesting changes scrapers, and changing back...I though "hmm, I've never even seen where you could change scrapers; better have a look in the config". Nope, nothing. So I take a look at my version...then go to the Zappiti website, to see the latest and greatest.

Ha; won't even tell you how far behind I was. redface.gif Point is...I downloaded the latest version; easy peasy. It scraped Brave, no problem...which was the title that was failing before; and it's now...obviously...better than ever.

OP, if you're having trouble with it; it's not Zappiti.

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page