Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is what I'm currently use and do to play movies:
1. WD Live TV hooked up to a portable USB drive loaded with DVD VOB, BluRay MKVs, M2TS & few other popular video file types. The WD plays these flawlessly and I'm quite happy with this set up.
I've not used the wireless streaming capability of the unit like Netflix because it's all done via my Panasonic plasma.
2. To add and replace the movies I unplug the usb drive and take it to my pc where all of my videos are stored. This is the part I dislike.... too inconvenience and time consuming.
Here is what I would love to be able to do and I do need your advise to see if it's even possible:
1. Buy a new 3TB WD MyBook Live and mate it to my wireless router.
2. Transfer my video files to this new MyBook drive (over the network?)
3. With the PC OFF, from the WD TV player I can access and play these video wirelessly w/o the portable USB drive.
I truly appreciate any advice and recomendations. Thank you in advance