Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post

Got an e-mail from them about this a few hours ago:
http://www.zappiti.com/zappiti_player.html
Looks promising.

That was supposed to be released last month I think. Don't hold your breath. If you've been in the "media player" arena for a while you know that all these companies announce just about anything then take months, even years to come out with anything. And usually it has nothing to do what was announced either. The only reason why I think Syabas came out with that thing called an A400 is to get a little cash in for the holidays. In my opinion really.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-09-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 58
The a400 came out when it was said it would be out, when DUNE announced the pro running the 8910 over a year ago, sigma said sdk would not be finished till end of q3 2012 hence we all knew the pro would never see the light of day, a400 followed the schedule it has had all along. Now did they push it out before xmas to drum up sales, I would say yes but what company would not if they could, Also who knows how long the exclusive period they have on the 8910 chipset is, if its only till year end you need a product out to take advantage of that deal.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-21-2012, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

The a400 came out when it was said it would be out, when DUNE announced the pro running the 8910 over a year ago, sigma said sdk would not be finished till end of q3 2012 hence we all knew the pro would never see the light of day, a400 followed the schedule it has had all along. Now did they push it out before xmas to drum up sales, I would say yes but what company would not if they could, Also who knows how long the exclusive period they have on the 8910 chipset is, if its only till year end you need a product out to take advantage of that deal.

PopCorn push it a litle too mutch, the A400 is a failure, Sigma 8911 processor has serios issues with DTS-HD sound. With the 3-rd F/W update still no fix. I just return the player this week, I`m very dissapointed. mad.gif
post #5 of 7 Old 12-23-2012, 04:45 PM

Any word on this player?
post #6 of 7 Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 PM

post #7 of 7 Old 02-09-2013, 01:56 PM

Dune Base 3D DOES NOT have a torrent client despite the manual and the official informations from their internet site. After I tried to find it in the player menu for a few hours , I made a call to the company (here in Romania) from which I brought. That person told me that he know the problem also did not understand why Dune did not include a torrent. He told me that will write an e-mail to Dune to find why. So, take care, maybe yes, maybe no, Dune will deign to include torrent in a future firmware.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page