Adding movie description, picture, etc to ISO rip - How do I do this? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a lot of movies that are either ISO images or mkv, avi, mp4, etc and I would like to be able to add content description to them. All of the files, (non-ISO's) have the year of the release in the file name, which helps identify the movie, but I would like to add the description and covershot of the movie somehow.

Currently I have all the files on one large folder and I was wondering if I made a folder for each file and included an image in each folder and somehow add the description content, how would that work and how would I do that?

Can anyone help me out here or know what I might need? anyone come across this before?

I have tried XMBC and it only notices 1/2 of my ISO;s and some of them are recognized incorrectly.

So, any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
1) You don't need to give each file it's own folder.
2) XBMC's scraper needs accurate file names.
3) You can within XBMC manually scan for that item changing the text string it searches for, though changing the file name is better. Try using something like TheRenamer to do it on all your movies.
4) You can use tools like Ember Media Manager and many others to scrape outside of XBMC which will generate a jpg/nfo matching the file name of the movie, XBMC will use these instead.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-26-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

But what about devices like the DV streaming audio device that allows you to hook up a HD to it and it controlls all the movies/shows on the drive. It reads the file neame fine but it doesn't show art that is in the folder of the movie.

Any suggestions on that?
post #4 of 5 Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

The Renamer is a great program for renaming TV series! It is working better than I thought it would ever work. Now If only I can find something that will allow the description to be tied to a movie file, that would top off my search list!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuprox View Post

But what about devices like the DV streaming audio device that allows you to hook up a HD to it and it controlls all the movies/shows on the drive. It reads the file neame fine but it doesn't show art that is in the folder of the movie.
Any suggestions on that?

Not sure what device your mentioning but my guess it doesn't have this capability, most devices don't support this kind of feature in fact.

The Pivos XIOS DS is an XBMC based set top box if that's something you'd be interested in, however it does not display DVD menus but it will play ISO images. Another option which does display DVD menus and supports jpg artwork is the WDTV Live.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page