DNS-323 videos not showing up on Samsung AllShare - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have turned on the UPNP AV mode and I actually used iPhone 8player app that can read the directory and play the files, however the ES6100 AllShare sees the DNS-323, but cannot see any file name at all, saying "No media files detected on the device" or something like that. Any suggestion?

Ernest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernestsiu View Post

I have turned on the UPNP AV mode and I actually used iPhone 8player app that can read the directory and play the files, however the ES6100 AllShare sees the DNS-323, but cannot see any file name at all, saying "No media files detected on the device" or something like that. Any suggestion?
Ernest

Probably the ES6100 doesn't support the type of files you've got.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

I have that suspicion as well - I do have a variety of files but tonight I'll put much more variety on it and see. Maybe I'll have to get a WD Live TV : ( It's such a shame - my TV and my DVD players, both can do DLNA but very limited in what files it support.
post #4 of 13 Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Ah - I tried and still nothing! Another data point: I've plugged in my external HD via USB to the TV and it can play those files, which are also on the DNS-323 and none is showing up! I'm at lost on what else I can do. Call Samsung?
post #5 of 13 Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Samsung have their own custom version of DLNA, it's not compatible with UPnP & some DLNA servers unless they have a specific profile applied to the IP of the TV.

The easiest thing to do is get a WDTV Live, it's cheaper than replacing the NAS which can run alternate UPnP/DLNA servers which have Samsung profiles. There are some tutorials out there on the web for hacking a DNS-323 and getting Twonky or Serviio on it which could work. One last thing make sure the firmware on the NAS is up to date too, this includes the media server profiles for Samsung if D-Link have them.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your help - I'll update the firmware to see if it helps. I'm kind of surprise that I cannot find anybody mention this 'problem' as DNS-323 and Samsung TV are fairly common. Costco had WD TV on sale couple weeks ago I'm not sure if it's still the case!
post #7 of 13 Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM

hi, i have been using dns323 with my samsung C8000 and it works fine,
see if this helps,
on your samsung tv, make sure the all share setting for the dns-323 ip address is set to enable instead of denied
post #8 of 13 Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

More clues more questions...

Hey Jiggariz.... I checked and it seems the DNS323 is not even listed under AllShare Settings! Actually that stupid TV only shows 192.168.0.1... (doesn't show 101) because it's too long. How do I get it listed there?

Also, I notice that when I select input, DNS shows up but the icon has a little question mark there.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 AM

emm, just to check is your tv and dns323 connected to the same modem? try pinging from your pc to your tv's ip address, really cant think why its not working, will revert back if i can think of any
post #10 of 13 Old 01-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Things can change between generations Samsung have become much more aggressive on their custom DLNA with the E series, I too have a C series model and it doesn't work with all servers, UPnP only servers seem to have the most trouble.

If the DNS-323 has Samsung E series compatibility then it must be some other networking issue. DLNA is such a weak standard the chain can break in many places, it could be bugs in the router or firewall interfering with the traffic.

Try starting with these settings
Router with IP of 192.168.1.1
DHCP range 192.168.1.2 to 50
UPnP enabled on the router
IGMP multicast enabled on the router
Router firmware up to date

Re-run the network setup on the Samsung after the above and try connecting to the NAS.
post #11 of 13 Old 01-11-2014, 12:47 PM

Hi,

i have the same issues, i cannot view any files (pictures, music, videos) on my Samsung TV (6400 series) from my DLink DNS-323.

All my network settings are ok and the files are readable from any other devices.

The DLink is recongnize on the TV but files cannot be read.

After spending a lot of time with Samsung support, they confirm that the TV (and apparently that applies to all Samsung series) cannot read from drives that are bigger than 500GB. (I have 1TB drives)

So this is a limitation from Samsung and it sucks. They didn't provide any king of compensation.

This is the last time I buy a Samsung product!

Hope this helps

post #12 of 13 Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabgab57 View Post

Hi,
i have the same issues, i cannot view any files (pictures, music, videos) on my Samsung TV (6400 series) from my DLink DNS-323.
All my network settings are ok and the files are readable from any other devices.
The DLink is recongnize on the TV but files cannot be read.
After spending a lot of time with Samsung support, they confirm that the TV (and apparently that applies to all Samsung series) cannot read from drives that are bigger than 500GB. (I have 1TB drives)
So this is a limitation from Samsung and it sucks. They didn't provide any king of compensation.
This is the last time I buy a Samsung product!

Hope this helps

if other devices can be read on your samsung tv, then the DLNA is working fine,
if the DLink is recognize on the TV then working fine too,
i'm guessing the it is the DLink settings, try to disable and enable the UPnp server.
i'm not sure if this help but some router needs the UPnP settings to be enabled.

fyi im currently using DLink 323 with 3TB - played on on my sammy C8000 all working fine
hope to hear from u soOoon !
post #13 of 13 Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 PM

I've tried disabling and re-enabling the UPnP on the DLink but same result.

The UPnp settinng on my router seems fine (all enabled)

I found this on the Samsung support site (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00000484/652/LN46B540P8FXZA)

"Allshare Requirements:

Note: Samsung does not support NAS storage devices. Some third party software may allow streaming from NAS device, however samsung does not support these devices.

• A DLNA certified device with DLNA certified server software."

I'll looking for solutions but not much hope at this point.

Don't hesitate to send other suggestions

Thanks for your help so far!

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player