New Netgear a6200 USB adapter not recognized by Panny TC-P58VT25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Verizon Westell 7500 wireless modem/router and want to connect my tv to the modem. I just bought a Netgear A6200 WiFi USB adapter and the Tv will not recognize it. I spent nearly 12 hours making sure all the fields matched and would pair. I plug the adapter in to one of the 2 USB ports and nothing. The adapter does not enen look to be powered> I am using Directv, Pioneer VSX-1120K, Panasonic DMP-BDT100 Blu-Ray and the Panasonic TC-P58VT25.

Help...???
the Blu-Ray, Pioneer, DirectV and desktop occupy the four ethernet ports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I think this probably belongs in the Panasonic VT25 thread, but if memory serves what you are doing will not work. You will need a wifi adapter that connects to the TV's ethernet port or an adapter on the compatibility list for USB.

In addition, and IMHO, the apps and the VierraCast user interface on the TV really aren't that great anyway. (They work, but nothing special.) From a $$/effort standpoint I'd suggest considering something like a Roku or AppleTV. Besides, I'm not sure that the TV's version of VierraCast even offers anything different that the Blu Ray player does it?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Unfortunately the driver support for the newer usb adapters always lags quite a bit. Netgear is working with all the major TV manufacturers to get the new drivers updated but it will take a while. Also Ill state that the benefit of the AC adapter on a TV is not going to be seen. You dont move that much data. The new AC standard really will come in handy doing file transfers and bluray rip playback which wont be happening on the DLNA clients built into tv's.

Bob Silver
Netgear AV Consultant
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Panasonic Tc P58vt25 58 Inch 3d 1080p Viera Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page