Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Hi,

I just got the 4520 and have been streaming some Amazon tv shows. Then Denon self sets to Multi Channel In, which I gather is expected. However many streams seem to only play in L/R channels with no dialog in the middle. Beyond that, it appears to weigh heavier on the left channel than right. I have no idea if the Denon is applying PLIIz or not, but it's not making for a good experience. The PS3 is connected via HDMI and audio it automatically streamed via LinearPCM. I don't know where the problem lies and wether there's anything I can do on the PS3 or Denon to fix it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Builds: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Dual Opposed MFW's x 2, Statements, 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 x 5. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgwalsh View Post

Hi,
I just got the 4520 and have been streaming some Amazon tv shows. Then Denon self sets to Multi Channel In, which I gather is expected. However many streams seem to only play in L/R channels with no dialog in the middle. Beyond that, it appears to weigh heavier on the left channel than right. I have no idea if the Denon is applying PLIIz or not, but it's not making for a good experience. The PS3 is connected via HDMI and audio it automatically streamed via LinearPCM. I don't know where the problem lies and wether there's anything I can do on the PS3 or Denon to fix it?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've got my PS3 set to bitstream. I let my AVR handle everything.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

Home Theater Set Up:

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page