Connecting a switch to a wireless bridge - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I have a Netgear wireless N bridge connected wirelessly to a Netgear wireless N router and it works fine. The bridge supports plugging in two Cat5 cables. I currently have those connected to my TV and to my Blu-Ray player. I will soon be adding some new equipment to my system and will need more than two connections to the bridge. Can I connect a 5- or 8-port switch to the bridge and then be able to connect more devices? It seems I should be able to do this but my networking knowledge is not great and I want to be sure this can be successfully done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

I have a Netgear wireless N bridge connected wirelessly to a Netgear wireless N router and it works fine. The bridge supports plugging in two Cat5 cables. I currently have those connected to my TV and to my Blu-Ray player. I will soon be adding some new equipment to my system and will need more than two connections to the bridge. Can I connect a 5- or 8-port switch to the bridge and then be able to connect more devices? It seems I should be able to do this but my networking knowledge is not great and I want to be sure this can be successfully done.

Yes, you can do it. You manual probably references "switches" as being a device that you can plug into the ethernet jack. It's usually a one line sentence that says you can plug the ethernet cable into a switch, device, computer, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page