airport extreme and ps3 wired connection - BIG problem, please help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
all right. i have a PS3 (latest firmware) and an apple airport extreme (latest version, with updated firmware). for the past year, i've always had the ps3 set to wireless. i've never been happy with the speed though - i usually only averaged around 6-8 mbps for download. that's a problem because i subscribe to time warner cable's extreme internet service - on all other devices in my house (all wireless n), i average between 25-30 mbps on the download.

because of this, i switched my ps3 to wired - ran a cat6 cable from the airport extreme to the ps3, and now, my speeds are even worse. I'm how only getting 500-600 kbps (not mbps anymore)on the download, and about 1 mbps upload (i usually get around 4 mbps on the upload).

I've tried disconnecting my cable modem and router, turning everything back on in order, i've manually selected the fastest connection type under wired on the ps3 network config (instead of hitting automatic), but nothing has helped. to confirm the airport extreme wasnt the problem, i ran the same cat6 ethernet cable to my pc and ran the internet on it off the wired connection out of the same port - and i got 30 mbps download.

please help me! im paying good money for internet and i cant play any online games because my speeds on the ps3 are terrible. this doesnt make ay sense! wired should be so much faster!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page