Need solution please Foxsat Hdr with custom firmware and xbmc external hardrive advice needed please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone I needd solution please

Foxsat Hdr has already got custom firmware and I want to add more storage so I'm buying a external hard drive this one http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/seagate-freeagent-goflex-network-hard-drive-2tb-black-08753837-pdt.html#lingEredexternal hard drive from currys is it ok for what I need it to do

which is be able to connect to it from my iPad that's why I'm buying this particular type my question is can I copy humax hdr files by plugging this hard drive to to humax copying saved recordings and then disconnecting the drive and plugging it in my router as it is a network drive and then playing the Humax files in xbmc via the network from that drive I just copied? is this possible?

Will xbmc play ts files

or is there an easier way to do this. But bear in mind i want XBMC to play the files that I copy from humax to the network drive

Also I read something about 4Gb limit transfer and ntfs can someone please explain what they mean and if the drive above meets these requirements last thing I need is formating a hard drive

also I read this post here . http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1493119-foxsat-hdr-media-bundle-xbmc-starting-my-journey.html that just seemed to confused me more regarding xbmc random says xbmc can but the op wurls say xbmc is not scrapping and something about renaming? Last thing I want to do is be renaming a large collection of programmes I have recorded just so XBMC can even play them?Who right on that topic as there was no follow up answer

if I'm not making sense please ask me more questions and sorry I'm not that techie

Thankful for reading I hope you can provide a solution to situation

many thanks
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page