BD ISO Creation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Currently ripping and testing a few BD ISOs, via my Dune D1, what is the best program, and any perticular settings to use when creating the ISOs? I ripped Ted with AnyDVD HD, and it works fine, I ripped Book of Eli, a while ago with an older version of AnyDVD HD, and it will play previews etc, then crashes on "Playback aborted due to I/O error". Im currently re-ripping with lastest AnyDVD HD. I updated the firmware to the latest, as I read online that can help with the I/O error. It did not. Ill see how the next rip goes. Any suggestions, and tips? I have about 40+ BD to rip to my NAS, tips would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

well re-rip didnt make a difference. Played Intros, WB logo, got to the WB DVD spinning logo, then aborted. This is on a full play. Havent tried lite, but bought player for full menus. Any other suggestions?
post #3 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Try DVDFab. If that also doesn't work be aware that some BD titles simply don't work as full ISOs . . . for whatever reasons . . . but usually do as movie only.
Most ISOs do work fine, but not 100% of them.
Maybe someone can suggest other ripping programs to try as well?
post #4 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah it's fine if the odd title doesn't work. I'll just label it lite after name. I'll try that ripping program.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,

I use bd-rebuilder. It will not remove the blue ray protections thou. You will need something else to do that. It is a powerful tool, you can even program batches.
Try to mount your anydvd rip (with protections removed already smile.gif and use bd-rebuilder on that and check the output. Do a rip to a custom size big enough (maybe like 50GB) so it will not do any encoding. For the same purpose keep the HD tracks.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 221
I use AnyDVD exclusively for BDs. I find that its not uncommon for my H1 to puke on a BD, but I blame it on JAVA and BD-Live issues, not the ripping tool. Occasionally a title will refuse to load one time and next time its fine, some of them just need a few minutes to think. Be patient.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah it stops, halts playback, then goes black. But D1 screen still shows 3:27, and the little play button. I didn't actually test Ted, as the wife and I are going to sit down and watch it, I just loaded to menu, and it seemed to work. I'll rip 3-4 more tonight and test. Once all ripped I'll add zapitti.
post #8 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I ripped Ted with anydvd and burned the iso with imgburn and had no issues. Took FOREVER to actually load though, but played fine once it did. I run into this bit on BD live discs. Homeland was another one that I was about to give up on when it finally loaded on my Dune but took three MINUTES to load. Full iso rips for me. Same Homeland rip took about as long on my neotv 550 as well...
post #9 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

yeah I dont remove BD live or anything. Im keeping a true 1:1 rip (can always mount and re-rip if I choose). Book of Eli, played on lite, though I have no idea if it would have quit after a bit of time or not.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-22-2013, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Should I be removing the region?

Also have seen where people are saying to rip to folder, then rebuild the ISO. That works with some ISOs, can anyone confirm?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page