Streaming a Sequential Consecutive Playlist to a PS3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do a movie night once a month for some friends and I’m looking to simplify a couple of things. My typical movie night consists of four movies with various trailers and short clips in between the movies. What I’ve done in the past is assemble all my movies and clips in the order I want and then just make a giant movie file with it all. And stream that file via a media server on my PC to the PS3.

The annoying bit is trying to get everything into the same ratio and format to mash together. It also tends to have audio sync issues when I add several files to make one AVI file. What would make my life IMMENSELY easier is if there was a way to stream a playlist in a specific order.

What I’m using to stream my media is some sort of PC media server (I’m using XBMC, or Universal Media Server or PS3 Media Server or Plex but I’m open to a suggestion that would work) to stream my media to the PS3 over my wired network. I know that XBMC has a playlist option and it works great when used natively at my computer. And the playlist shows up in the PS3 just fine but they will not play consecutively. Just the first file plays and stops at the end.

Is there a way to play a sequential play list consecutively on my PS3?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This DLNA app looks like it supports playlists. http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/screenshots.asp

Maybe try it out to see if it views the whole playlist and can play them?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply. I just gave Mezzmo a shot. It found my media just fine. I made a playlist and everything appeared to be in the playlist in the correct order on Mezzmo. I heaed to the PS3 and Mezzmo is showing up. I find my way to my folder with the playlist. My playlist is there. I fire up the first file and when it gets to the end it stops. No consecutive playing. This is getting so frustrating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page