Hello, I was hoping to get some help.
I have the following setup
2 separate NAS (both synology), neither of them fast enough to run plex properly
Samsung 3D TV (dont like the smart HUB at all as it is much too slow)
Netgear EVA9150 (still streams all I need, but hate the interface)
Have seen apple TV at a friends place and I want a streamer with the following properties
* menu structure is nice and cool/easy
* all content will be on the NAS (no hard disk required)
* I can search my huge library (more than 1500 movies and about 50 different TVShows, all seasons each)
* I want the movies to be tagged and viewable (I mean, contents, rating, actors, Cover,...) - which works horribly bad on the netgear
* I want the ipad/iphone to work as a remote if I feel like it
* I want to be able to stream to the ipad
* want to be able to stream all formats (the netgear streams 99% of what I needed - so that is good enough)
* The interface should be able to handle TV shows: I would want to see the TV shows (in 1 season) as a group or something...
* Want to be able to search movies and then add them to the download directory (CouchPotato does this now on my synology and that is great).
* I want the thing to work fast enough (when i flick through the menus
Any other considerations I should have?
I have no experience even on the PC with decent media libraries... my laptop is not strong enough to handle too much :-)
I saw the ad for the new xtreamer TV. But I read here on a post that streamers are not very good... The shop where I bought the netgear suggested Xstreamer TV, boxee box or Popcorn A400 when I asked for an upgrade with a decent interface. Didnt give my requirements as detailed as I did here though.
My audio flows through my Qnap and Squeezebox so no real need for audio unless there is something that is compatible, but not a real requirement
Dont really have a budget in mind. Only want to upgrade if its worth it... too bad netgear discontinued its development cause it is a good streamer if you ask me.
Oh yes, I also have a PS3 if that would be a path worhwhile?
Thanks a lot