Connect PC with TV for gaming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi

I'm trying to hook up my pc to my tv to play some games. They're in different rooms so I would prefer not to use a 25m HDMI cable. I also don't want to run additional cables through my walls. I already have gigabit ethernet in most of the rooms including the one with the tv. The pc and the tv are I guess 15m apart with two walls between them.

So I looked at various different solutions

- Wireless HDMI like WHID, widi
- cat5/6 cables and HDMI extenders (HDBaseT and such) but that seems to requires a direct line without ethernet switches between

my favorite at the moment is the IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT which should work in my setup.

But since I have a fast ethernet I thought there must be something better. I really want 1080p if not better and Dolby Digital/DTS.

Do I miss anything? Maybe one of you guys knows of a better solution? I'm glad for every suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I jump in. Honestly, run a HDMI cable as much as you dont want to.

It's foolproof, can support HD Audio, basically no resolution limits, etc. Wireless is constantly limited by resolution and interference, and HDBaseT is not well adopted at all.

I have a 20ft ran from my desktop to main tv. It's worth it! Add in some usb extenders (I hate wireless mice and keyboards), and I've enjoyed plenty of Diablo 3 on my plasma
post #3 of 3 Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Problem is, that I'd have to use to existing channels where my ethernet cable runs through and there is no space for more. And my pc room and living room are not directly next to each other so I can't just drill a hole in a wall :-)

I ordered a 25m hdmi Kabel und a wifi keyboard/mouse combo for now. Hope the quality will not suffer and I will have to tuck away the cable after every use because It'll run straight to my flat :-)

I'd really like to try some other solution without having to buy it, or just send it back when it fails
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page