Convert Your DVD's to HD from Home Using Vudu's New Disc to Digital Service - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you haven't tried vudu yet, you may find this interesting. They just launched a public beta of their new at home disc to digital service. They have offered it at Wal-Mart stores for almost a year, but now they are offering it from the comfort of your own home. All you have to do is pop a DVD or Blu-ray disc into your computer's optical drive, and it will verify it, and add the movie to your vudu account for just 2.00 a pop. Or, you can upgrade your DVD to HD for just 5.00. It's a great deal in my opinion. You can then stream or download your movie to hundreds of different devices. I have tried it and really like it. The best part is now I don't have to take my DVD's into Wal-Mart anymore! And the quality of vudu's HDX format is superb!

http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM

Liked: 11
Is it limited to a specific list of movies? Or is it any movie?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
The conversion is limited to UltraViolet movies only. Currently, there are about 9,000 titles from Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Paramount, Universal, Lionsgate, and Dreamworks Animation. MGM is expected to make it's catalog available soon, including some Bond titles.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Liked: 11
I have been going to my walmart store to do this and so far I am happy, and I also tried it from home. Right now from home it won't identify some movies correctly but I can say it does work. Weird thing though is if you go to the store they charge you the same flat rate $2 or $5 and NO TAX, if you do it from your home they charge you tax. Same service basically but they get more money from you from home.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page