best current streamer for MVC frame packed 3d - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hey guys,

I have been reading this forum for a while and it sounds like the Mede8er MED1000X3D might be the best current bet for MVC frame packed 3d ( i dont care about menus )

I wanted to get some community input and also i was reading about the Dune HD maxx 3d that should be coming out hopefully sooner than later and that seems VERY promising and i may want to just wait it out for that one.

any thoughts from you guys about what would be best for streaming the MVC frame packed 3d content with the fewest bugs.. just want something that works, unlike the bug riddened Xtremer...good lord lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Mede8er is the only one that supports right now. The PCH A400 will only play that file in 2D. The new Dunes will play with sound, but no video

Also, keep in mind, in many respects the Dune HD Max is just a concept per se as of now.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #3 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

The Xtremer prodigy plays 3d MCV framepacked right now... the only problem is the coding for it is ****, and reboots every 25 min which gets annoying..but for the time that it works, its actually not bad ( if you can get over the clunky as hell menu system. )

so add that to the list of the one that works but from what i understand the HD maxx 3d will play frame packed... I think my buddy is going to get the media 1000 and give that a go. We will see how that one works out.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothjm View Post

The Xtremer prodigy plays 3d MCV framepacked right now... the only problem is the coding for it is ****, and reboots every 25 min which gets annoying..but for the time that it works, its actually not bad ( if you can get over the clunky as hell menu system. )

so add that to the list of the one that works but from what i understand the HD maxx 3d will play frame packed... I think my buddy is going to get the media 1000 and give that a go. We will see how that one works out.

I just didn't mention the Xtreamer b/c of your first post smile.gif I actually have a prodigy as well, haven't turned it on in a while.

Yes, the Max will supposedly be able to handle mvc mkv, but all is just speculation right now, and wouldn't be surprised if the Max doesn't make it out there until Q3 or later (from talking to a few sources). That is the main reason I prefer not to hang my hat on the Max right now, still a lot of open items with very little seen by the community

Cheers,
Damian

post #5 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I just didn't mention the Xtreamer b/c of your first post smile.gif I actually have a prodigy as well, haven't turned it on in a while.

Yes, the Max will supposedly be able to handle mvc mkv, but all is just speculation right now, and wouldn't be surprised if the Max doesn't make it out there until Q3 or later (from talking to a few sources). That is the main reason I prefer not to hang my hat on the Max right now, still a lot of open items with very little seen by the community

do you think now is the time to buy a new media player if you dont own one, or is there something we dont know about coming out soon that is worth checking out that will do what i need with the frame packed 3d ?

and ya damn that xtreamer, it really rebooted every 20 min during avatar 3d BD50....jesus..
post #6 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

do you think now is the time to buy a new media player if you dont own one, or is there something we dont know about coming out soon that is worth checking out that will do what i need with the frame packed 3d ?

and ya damn that xtreamer, it really rebooted every 20 min during avatar 3d BD50....jesus..

Hard to say. I don't see any new surprise players coming out. You basically have the following:

Realtek 1186 - if you are going with this chip then go with Mede8er

Sigma - Right now PCH A400 and dune Base3D/TV303D.. I think eventually we will see MVC MKV support with the A400, I am not sure if the Dune chip will support.

Intel - Dune Max. Still a ways away and too many unknowns

Cheers,
Damian

post #7 of 8 Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

so what does the dune base 3d have vs the med10003d ?
post #8 of 8 Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

so what does the dune base 3d have vs the med10003d ?

They are both similar (I have the Dune TV303D which is the same chip as the Base3D). Biggest different will be the available jukebox options (with the MED you can only use their in built jukebox, with Dune you have several 3rd party jukeboxes to choose from). As mentioned the Base3D does not support mvc mkv currently (not sure if/when it will). For mkvs you canget forced subtitle support with the Dunes using a patch. With the Mede8er there is currently no support for forced subtitles in mkvs

Cheers,
Damian

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page