Troubleshooting: HTPC Setup will not pass through master DTS \ True HD Dolby sound etc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum space but my issue is that i have an HTPC setup, and i run HDMI from my GTX 580 ASUS card, to my Receiver ( Sony strdn 1000 ) and i can pass regular DTS and DD just fine, but when i try to play any MKV files that have DTS HD or TrueHD Dolby, it just comes up as liner PCM then goes back to saying multi channel.

my first question is, in a HTPC setup can you even pass through this type of audio signal?

second question is am i doing something wrong?

i have tried TMT, Power DVD, VCL media player, I haev setup on the PC side, the receiver to use 5.1 sound type.

Again, DTS and DD regular work fine when i pass that through. Am i missing a step somewhere?

does anyone else haev a similar HTPC setup where the trueHD sound and DTS master passes through to the receiver?

also worth noting, i currently only have a 5.1 setup of speakers hooked into the receiver, but i woudl think it would still try to play the correct sound for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
as an update here:

I tried basically the same thing on my home setup, and i was able to pass DTS HD and DolbyTRUEHD through to my receiver just fine... It may be my friends receiver or video card ( the GTX 580 should be able to pass that just fine though. )

I think it may be a setting on his receiver to be honest. I will have to check it out this weekend.

on a side note i am just running a 3.0 setup, just center and R L channels, but i cant tell a difference between DTS vs DTS-HD or DD vs DDTrueHD

All sounds the same so far to me.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page