Linksys EA3500/4500/6500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Trying to decide on one of these 3 routers for my home network.

Besides some of the obvious comparisons from this chart, what other things are there to consider between these three?
Price difference isn't an issue, I'm willing to pay for any of them, just want to make sure I get what fits best in my situation.

The 300 + 300 vs. 450 + 450 vs. 450 + 1300 Mbps I don't quite understand what that means? Or what that gives me? What situation one is better for, or what situation one is fine for etc, meaning, if I buy that EA6500 for the 450 + 1300 will I ever actually use that kind of speed etc?

Also, any have or use these and speak to what they like/dislike about them?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, nobody has any inputs on one of these routers? Maybe I need to ask on a different forum?
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Run, run, run away. I can send you a free one. Garbage. Nothing but issues. Bought the latest Asus router and it has been rock solid.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetis View Post

Run, run, run away. I can send you a free one. Garbage. Nothing but issues. Bought the latest Asus router and it has been rock solid.

Well I will take a free one if you really have one? What info do I need to give you? Do I need to pay you for shipping? I can PayPal you.

I saw a review of both the Linksys and Asus and they rated them very close.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-22-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

I got the 6500, it's doing great in my system. But now I hear a newer model is coming out, might have to upgrade again.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-29-2014, 01:16 PM

Liked: 11
I know I am late to this...but I can tell you I purchased the ea3500. Thought I was making a wise purchase. I loved the ease of set-up...and I liked the form-factor (meaning my wife is not upset about how it looks). I liked the versatility and the ability to set-up a guest network, and the parental controls. However, I have found our laptops seem to drop the wireless signal quite often. Since it is multiple devices, I am assuming the router is the issue, not the laptops.

I am now trying to stream videos wirelessly to my smart TV and not having success at all. I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's the router.

I will likely look to buy an ASUS as I have heard/read nothing but positive information about them.

The numbers you reference signify the transmission speeds they are capable on both bands (2.4 and 5 GHz). Obviously a bigger number is faster. I can't answer if it's "fast enough" or not for you...but I generally believe that you should purchase as much as you can afford because you never know what you will want tomorrow...and that might need that extra capacity.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page