How can I automate getting cover art in batch and inserting into tags? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So far, the only way I've found to put cover art into tags in a semi-automated way is to use tag & rename and find the art at allmusic.com. But that seems to allow you to do this only one album at a time, and it seems to take forever to go through the process -- not practical for a 500+ cd collection.

So, anyone found a way to find cover art and write it to tags in batch to cover a bunch of albums at once?

Also, what are people using to automate the ripping and tagging process to include cover art, comments, etc. I've been using musicmatch -- which doesn't collect cover art or comments -- and then taking a second pass with tag & rename. Anyway to do this all in one pass as part of the ripping process?

Finally, nothing I've used so far finds lyrics and writes them to tags. What are people using to do that?

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

You know, tag management seems like the biggest timewaster when it comes to MP3s. It's because of tags that I've ended up ripping my collection twice. The first time, I wasn't paying attention to what was coming out of CDDB/FreeDB, and when I tried a utility to fix the tags up, it wrecked them instead, so I reripped with CD-EX.

I'm just now considering getting the cover art to go with, so I can't say that I really have any useful suggestions.

I would like to request that anything you find to aid the process, you document here to help some of us who're a couple paces behind you.

Everyone sucks more than everyone else
host of the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-07-2002, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by toots
...I would like to request that anything you find to aid the process, you document here to help some of us who're a couple paces behind you.
I'd be happy to post whatever I find, but I can't imagine that you in particular, Toots, are any paces behind me.

Alan
post #4 of 5 Old 06-08-2002, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Ripping With Media Jukbox in digital secure mode is like a siple EAC (the definitive ripper if you ask me) and will ripp / tag / store by artist / get CD cover art automatically...

eJukebox for winamp is pretty good at getting cover art for your whole collection too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2002, 06:14 AM

The newest version of Musicmatch (7.2) now does album art. However, I just retagged a bunch of MP3's using the "supertagging" feature, and while it was nice to get all of the album art in, it turned all of my genre tags to "rock/pop" (and I'd like to think I have a pretty varied taste in music).

I'll also throw in a plug for Moodlogic, a really interesting program that stores mood, genre, tempo, and other characteristics of songs, and enables you to automatically create customized playlists. It uses a central proprietary database, however, and does not yet support storing the characteristics in tags.
Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page