TVPad2 Vs TVPad M121S - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to this. My goal is to get Hong Kong TV channels for my parents. I need some help to make the purchase decision.
1. From the official site, I know that TVPad2 is a new version of TVPad (M121S). Correct me if I am wrong. TVPad2 is $259 and TVPad is $199. What di I miss if going with TVPad and save $60.? They do not require HD.
2. I am in Toronto, so there is a 12 hr difference. I heard about this on-demand feature. Does the server has the material recorded and I just watch it on-demand or I actually have to record it on my TVPad (with storage device connected).?
3. Does TVPad has the Hong Kong pay TV chaannels (like now TV) or it just has the free channels ?
4. I know that firmware upgrade is to enhance the box. My parents will probaly have no idea what it is and will not do it. From other users exprience, will the box continue to work without those updates. They will be happy as long as whatever channel they are watching continue to be there without the firmware upgrade. Same situation if I go with TVPad to save $60. I am sure that the company will drop support on the box sooner than TVpad2. Will they be able to still get the channels when TVpad is no longer supported.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page