Need help with internet audio options for parents' house - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My parents just finished building their "dream house." It is already wired and set up for multi-room whole home audio (though I believe all on one zone). They have a Sherwood receiver running everything with switches in different rooms for volume adjustment. My dad would like to be able to play Pandora through this system. Right now I have a jimmy rigged solution set up for him where he can play Pandora on his laptop, and I have a simple headphone cable running to the Sherwood receiver. I'd like to set him up with something a little bit better (plus he sometimes needs this laptop for actual work stuff). What is something simple and user friendly I could get to work as a solution? It would pretty much just be used for Pandora...they don't have an mp3 collection, etc.

Edit: Forgot to mention my parents both have Android smartphones, so potentially they could use that as a "remote" if there's an app available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 05:39 AM

Liked: 11
A Sonos Connect unit would supply a wide variety of streaming choices for them. They can control it with their phones. It also is great for playing your personal music library if they have that.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbs View Post

A Sonos Connect unit would supply a wide variety of streaming choices for them. They can control it with their phones. It also is great for playing your personal music library if they have that.

Thanks. That looks like it could be an easy enough solution. The main thing is it has to be relatively easy to use.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 06:17 AM

Liked: 11
It is very easy to set up and intuitive to operate. Of course if you are using it for streaming it is only as reliable as your Internet connection.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbs View Post

It is very easy to set up and intuitive to operate. Of course if you are using it for streaming it is only as reliable as your Internet connection.

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered it this afternoon. Should have it by Tuesday (I think). I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page