post #91 of 95 Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post

How can I stand it? Well, it looks exactly the same as Blu-ray. It's sounds exactly the same as Blu-ray. It doesn't smell the same, since Blu-ray cases are made out of a different plastic than Ethernet cables, I'll give you that. Streaming is fantastic. With VUDU HDX, I get full Blu-ray quality delivered instantly, with Amazon and iTunes I get varying quality levels (I FAR prefer Amazon over iTunes, even with only 720p), but the same convenience, and an even lower price.

I think VUDU has the best PQ for streaming content. Lets make that clear. If VUDU offered a streaming plan (i have no they haven't yet) i would drop netflix immediately.

I just don't think it, or any streaming service, compares to bluray. The quality is night and day. To me anyway.

home theater addict
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

I wouldn't say it looks the same and they don't have lossless audio.

Not paying for gimped A/V even if it is more "convenient."

But it's not gimped. That's why I use VUDU HDX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

I think VUDU has the best PQ for streaming content. Lets make that clear. If VUDU offered a streaming plan (i have no they haven't yet) i would drop netflix immediately.

I just don't think it, or any streaming service, compares to bluray. The quality is night and day. To me anyway.

They have mostly stuff that is newer and thus per rental, and not as much TV. They are really a movie-centric rental service.
post #93 of 95 Old 03-27-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 1676
Quote:

They have mostly stuff that is newer and thus per rental, and not as much TV. They are really a movie-centric rental service.

Not to mention digital pre-releases that come free with a Blu-ray purchase. Django Unchained is just such a movie - I bought the pre-release version of the Blu-ray. The Vudu HDX digital copy goes live April 2, the Blu-ray itself arrives in the mail April 16th. I'm not waiting for the disc; I'll watch the movie twice.

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
post #94 of 95 Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:

If the A/V isn't overall as good as Blu-ray (more compression issues and no lossless audio), I'd still say it's gimped. The price for an HDX download that you "own" can be as much or more than the Blu-ray version itself (no disc had to be pressed and no packaging made for the download file). That's not value for my money.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
post #95 of 95 Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

Not to mention digital pre-releases that come free with a Blu-ray purchase. Django Unchained is just such a movie - I bought the pre-release version of the Blu-ray. The Vudu HDX digital copy goes live April 2, the Blu-ray itself arrives in the mail April 16th. I'm not waiting for the disc; I'll watch the movie twice.

I just don't believe in owning movies. Call me cheap, but over the long run, it is so much cheaper to just rent and stream everything that I can as opposed to owning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

If the A/V isn't overall as good as Blu-ray (more compression issues and no lossless audio), I'd still say it's gimped. The price for an HDX download that you "own" can be as much or more than the Blu-ray version itself (no disc had to be pressed and no packaging made for the download file). That's not value for my money.

I would never buy on VUDU, that makes me nervous. If I were to buy something, I'd buy on BD. I rent a lot on VUDU though, as $6, I rent, and I'm done, without paying $20+ for the BD of something that I'd never watch again. Once in a while I might end up then buying it, but that's fine, over the course of many movies, I still come out way ahead.
imagic likes this.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page