post #901 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 12:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

There has been talk coming out of HDland that the new sigma SDK supports 3d mvc/mkv but coming from that source take it with a grain of salt.

I am assuming if true this would potentially apply for the pch400 as well as the dune 3D players

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

There has been talk coming out of HDland that the new sigma SDK supports 3d mvc/mkv but coming from that source take it with a grain of salt.

I'm pretty sure the Mede8er and Dune Base 3D are using the same Sigma Design chip set. The Mede8er can plays MKV 3D without issue. So I'm sure Dune can work this out at some point.
post #903 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

I'm pretty sure the Mede8er and Dune Base 3D are using the same Sigma Design chip set. The Mede8er can plays MKV 3D without issue. So I'm sure Dune can work this out at some point.

They are not even same Chipset mede8er is realtek dune is Sigma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I am assuming if true this would potentially apply for the pch400 as well as the dune 3D players

Correct I asked pch for confirmation and could not get any.
post #904 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are not even same Chipset mede8er is realtek dune is Sigma.
Correct I asked pch for confirmation and could not get any.

Thanks for clarification. I was under the impression they used the same chip set.

Shame as I'm trying to stick with MyMovies. Dune is well supported by MyMovies but not being able to play MKV 3D puts a damper on things for me. I guess I'll sit back a bit and see what Dune does about it (if anything)
post #905 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone tested converting the MKV 3D file back to ISO using a tool like image burn? Difference being the reimaged file would only contain only the required files to playback the movie vs the full ISO.

This would be a good option if it works. About to test it but curious if anyone else has gone through testing this.
post #906 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:

Has anyone tested converting the MKV 3D file back to ISO using a tool like image burn? Difference being the reimaged file would only contain only the required files to playback the movie vs the full ISO.

This would be a good option if it works. About to test it but curious if anyone else has gone through testing this.

You should have the original disc, why not just make an ISO from it?

Looky here!
post #907 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

You should have the original disc, why not just make an ISO from it?
I do but I assumed that branching titles, language, subs, etc... would be an issue in some cases if playing from the full bd iso.

Is there a better method?
post #908 of 1264 Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Wanted to say thanks to Robnix on the great deal for the Dune HD TV303D. So far this thing has played all my movies without issue. Strictly running full rip mkv's bitstreaming to my AVR. I have a 4-bay HDD enclosure with 12 TB JBOD and it works without issue just like a pc. Coming from the HTPC environment running XBMC on my 125" CIH projection screen I wanted something that would be similar in functionality to XBMC but with more reliability (pc crashes, etc). Problem is you lose out on all the flash when going from XBMC skinned with Ace to a set top player like the Dune. I think I found a great compromise.

I've tried MyMovies, Zappitti, YADIS, Dune Flash Interface and now YAMJ Eversion. In my opinion, YAMJ is the most feature rich but difficult Jukebox with a nice display. There aren't very many detailed instructions out there, but once set up it fulfills all my requirements in a JukeBox. I have 435 DVD's and 462 Blu-rays so I like the ability to separate HD files from SD files in a single jukebox, the wall is customizable and skinnable, also YAMJ has a watched/unwatched feature which makes it alot easier to search movies on movie night with friends. Plus I feel YAMJ Eversion looks much better than YADIS and Zappiti. Three issues I have are it's not as fast as the other jukeboxes when trying to start a movie (can take like 10 seconds after pressing play), I can't get it to boot from favorites automatically on startup, and I don't think it's compatible with an iPad app to use as a remote control.

Just my thoughts,

Now I'm going to try to rip my 3d movies and test those out.
post #909 of 1264 Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do but I assumed that branching titles, language, subs, etc... would be an issue in some cases if playing from the full bd iso.

Is there a better method?

yes tsmuxer now supports branching titles to make iso files
post #910 of 1264 Old 12-23-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yes tsmuxer now supports branching titles to make iso files

So just mux from physical BD disc or original ISO to a remuxed ISO file?

Thanks! Happen to have an official link? Google results in several garbage download sites.
post #911 of 1264 Old 12-23-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

yes here is a good link on the pch forum

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=68815&highlight=tsmuxer

A member is keeping it active with the newest download links as well as they settings they try and use.
post #912 of 1264 Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi guys. Ive got a Base 3D.

Some of my films looks soo ugly both on my projector and my television. Can you help me what can i do.

I only use full Blu-ray's but some of the looks like sh#t.

The images are from Iron Man blu-ray.

post #913 of 1264 Old 12-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
answered you over at avforums

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
post #914 of 1264 Old 12-24-2013, 04:09 AM

thanx mate

where?

post #915 of 1264 Old 12-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus74 View Post

Hello,
Recently i made an head to head contest between my Dune Base 3.0 and the new Dune Base 3D.
The test was made in my dedicated HT on my 110" Da-Lite JKP Affinity 1.1, JVC X35, 9.1 Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A 3020, Lumagen Mini 3D, Darblet Darbee processor.The picture was calibrated with my X-Rite Display 3 PRO colorimeter,so everything was optimally.
I heard a lot of comments regarding the PQ between the old Dune 3.0 with the new one 3D, as being the same...nothing is more false than that.
Dune Base 3D is better in every way, picture wise,compared with my Dune Base 3.0,i didn't expect that and it was a huge surprise.
The new Dune has a better depth,sharpness,less noise in the picture,the all picture is more solid with a better separation between different plans,also the colors seems a little bit better and also the contrast.I liked very much the dimensionality on the new Base 3D,is like i was watching a 3D picture without the glasses.
I watch only at full blu-ray rips and everything i was throwing on Base 3D worked perfectly.
I didn't have any problem to send to my Yamaha in bitsteam DTS-HD Master Audio or True-HD ,all played very well (this was my main concern before this test).
The conclusion is that my new player will be Dune Base 3D and will replace my old Base 3.0

I find such feedback very suspect. Either your Base 3.0 was a dog and was mucking a picture, or Base 3D is doing some hocus-pocus enhancements you happen to like.

For example, I don't remember people using e.g. both Oppo and Dune 3.0 commenting on any noticeable difference in video quality.
post #916 of 1264 Old 12-27-2013, 04:08 AM

Liked: 13
If you have the possibility, i suggest you to do the same...
Other member on this forum made the same test and their findings were the same as mine...Dune Base 3D has a better picture compared with Dune Base 3.0 (both has the same settings)
And those people who claim that Oppo has the same PQ as Duane Base 3.0...they don't know what they are talking about.
If you have an small screen i am sure that the differences are very,very small , but on a big screen the differences are quite obvious.

Regards
post #917 of 1264 Old 12-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus74 View Post

If you have the possibility, i suggest you to do the same...
Other member on this forum made the same test and their findings were the same as mine...Dune Base 3D has a better picture compared with Dune Base 3.0 (both has the same settings)
And those people who claim that Oppo has the same PQ as Duane Base 3.0...they don't know what they are talking about.
If you have an small screen i am sure that the differences are very,very small , but on a big screen the differences are quite obvious.

Regards

I have a large screen (115"), but that's irrelevant. It's a function of viewing distance. Whether a screen is 30" or 100", the supposed huge differences in picture quality should be visibly apparent. I still think you are seeing what you want to believe you're seeing, and your findings would not pass an ABX test.
post #918 of 1264 Old 12-27-2013, 08:48 AM

Liked: 13
Hi,
I am not the only one who made this test.
On your big screen you should clearly see the differences.
Try to make this test and you will see for yourself.

Regards
post #919 of 1264 Old 12-27-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

I'm considering getting a Base 3d but man will I miss my HD Smart and the full menus! Any other drawbacks I should be aware of?

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #920 of 1264 Old 12-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Dune at CES in Jan
Any one going can they press them why no firmware updates coming and bad support
Here is a link to them for the show
Would be a good time to ask them why and see if we get an answer

http://ces14.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=T0008226&page=3#showfeatures#showfeatures

post #921 of 1264 Old 01-05-2014, 03:04 PM

does, the base 3d in 3d OR regular 2d have option to switch from normal to widescreen,panoramic etc? i have a aios HD, and it just wants to zoom the picture i do not see a actual option to switch the aspect ratio so thats why im asking thank you smile.gif
post #922 of 1264 Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo5111 View Post

does, the base 3d in 3d OR regular 2d have option to switch from normal to widescreen,panoramic etc? i have a aios HD, and it just wants to zoom the picture i do not see a actual option to switch the aspect ratio so thats why im asking thank you smile.gif
The Dune has various video scaling options. No worries here.
leo5111 likes this.
post #923 of 1264 Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

The Dune has various video scaling options. No worries here.
kewl thanks, i was just finding out as much as i can before i pull the trigger
post #924 of 1264 Old 01-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Just found this out

Hi Guys have some news from my Dune supplier here.Dune has just responded to them saying the ON/OFF problem where the unit cant be turned back on via the remote after being switched off by the remote but has to be hard switched off from the back.Dune have said its now hardware problem and all future Base 3D players will be fixed.If you get one now and its not new stock then you probably will have the issue.
This is bad as Dune hasnt made any statement to this and keeping everyone in the dark.They said first of all it was hardware issue then later said it was a software issue and now the truth is out.
I was hoping it would be fixed via software/firmware update as they stated.
Even more unimpressed how they have covered this up.
Bugga you Dune

post #925 of 1264 Old 01-10-2014, 08:55 PM

I have 303D for 3D movies only
I have problems with almost every movie. Some of the hangs, some others have pixelizations (in same moments) This films played on PC works fine

I have 3D camera from SONY - files from my cam dont play on Dune

8 months without ANY update. Its a Joke.
I want sell this box. Waste of money
post #926 of 1264 Old 01-11-2014, 02:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post

I have a large screen (115"), but that's irrelevant. It's a function of viewing distance. Whether a screen is 30" or 100", the supposed huge differences in picture quality should be visibly apparent. I still think you are seeing what you want to believe you're seeing, and your findings would not pass an ABX test.

I have both the base 3.0 and the base 3D and checked it out on a 120" screen.I both running thru the preamp so as to do a A/B test.I seen a large difference too.The Base 3D has sharper detailer picture and better colors.
I didnt want to believe it as I wanted to use the base 3.0 for alot of tv shows that have full menu.The difference is night and day.
I called in my partner and switched between them and asked her after watching the same scenes several times
She picked the base 3d everytime straight up and she hasnt a trained eye like me
Was disappointed as now use the base 3d for most things except those needing full menu and didnt want too because of the bugs with the BASE 3D
So a novice can plainly see the difference on my system
Its not what I wanted to know as the base 3.0 is problem free

So I agree with Maximus74

post #927 of 1264 Old 01-11-2014, 02:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post

I find such feedback very suspect. Either your Base 3.0 was a dog and was mucking a picture, or Base 3D is doing some hocus-pocus enhancements you happen to like.

For example, I don't remember people using e.g. both Oppo and Dune 3.0 commenting on any noticeable difference in video quality.

Well I said I have noticed the difference and so did my partner and she didnt know nothing about the dunes--so you cant get any more unbias
I used to own a home theater installation business and have a very good eye and ear for detail and like I said its not what I wanted to see as I wanted my Base 3.0 to be my main player.
Unclematt have you both machines and can you A/B them.If so you can make a qualified judgement

post #928 of 1264 Old 01-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Well Dune are surpassing themselves.Its coming up fast to being a year with no firmware updates.Dont think they are supporting their products anymore

post #929 of 1264 Old 01-16-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Funny, I hadn't even noticed since all of mine are working perfectly with the current latest FW.
post #930 of 1264 Old 01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

My Dune Max and Base 3.0 work fawlessly but the Base 3D doesnt

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Tv303d Wifi 3d Streamer
Gear in this thread