post #91 of 1327 Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBERTHA View Post

Where's best place to buy? Anywhere in Canada?

One of the Canadian guys I talk to I believe got it through duneplayer.com (not sure what the shipping/custom fees were since it gets shipped from the states)

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1327 Old 03-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBERTHA View Post

Where's best place to buy? Anywhere in Canada?
I got from duneplayer.
Great guys.

I live in Canada
post #93 of 1327 Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought TV303d few days ago, not impressed so far...
1. m4v format (mp4 with Apple metadata) support is minimal. No chapters, does not detect 5.1 audio track correctly, shows DD stereo. No subs, etc...
2. Switching audio tracks while bitstreaming very flaky. A lot of times I get digital noise, seems like it is having trouble telling the receiver, which audio format it is outputting. My amp is Yamaha RX-V3800. Never had such problems before. Sometimes there is digital noise even while it is sending PCM and decoding audio itself. Especially AAC tracks.
3. IPTV support absolutely minimal. Just a stream player - supports DVB subs though, which is nice. Can only record what is currently displayed.
4. DVD menu support has bugs. Sometimes it hangs with flashing picture. Might be a ripping issue, I don't know. Tested with "Play" in main movie and then "Top menu". Sometimes it works sometimes not.

My overall impression is that this box is unreliable. The hardware is all there, to make it an excellent player, but...

On a brighter note: the NFS performance is really good. I'm getting 38MB/s which is enough for streaming anything. The UI is nice and picture quality is good. There could be more deinterlace modes though: I have only "Bob" and "Motion adaptive". In some situations neither are the best.
post #94 of 1327 Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Where can I download the B5 beta firmware? I've been trying over and over using the automatic download but it keeps failing giving me a read file error and then just restarts.

The firmware download page does not have this available for download.

I'm also experiencing audio drop outs. While watching Zero Dark Thirty bluray (just ripped to an ISO) playing lite of course there are sound drop outs when the bomb goes off in the restaurant. I switched over to my Dune Prime 3.0 and watched the same ISO file (using lite) and no sound problem at all. So this little player does need some work.
post #95 of 1327 Old 03-23-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Zero Dark Thirty.zip 1k .zip file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post

Where can I download the B5 beta firmware? I've been trying over and over using the automatic download but it keeps failing giving me a read file error and then just restarts.

I'm also experiencing audio drop outs. While watching Zero Dark Thirty bluray (just ripped to an ISO) playing lite of course there are sound drop outs when the bomb goes off in the restaurant. I switched over to my Dune Prime 3.0 and watched the same ISO file (using lite) and no sound problem at all. So this little player does need some work.

I see that.

b5 corrects drop outs.

Have you contacted MIke at Dune Player?

Also did you get b4 first and then try b5?

Forced sub track on Zero Dark Thirty will not play automatically with BD lite, ISO on the 303D. I have created an .srt file (Forced Only) if you need it (see attached zip file). Drop it the folder with the ISO and it will play if you enable "external subs" always on in the player setup. Normal subs can still be toggled on and off like usual with the remote. This is an easy workaround until (if ever) a firmware fix is released.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zero Dark Thirty.zip (631 Bytes, 15 views)
post #96 of 1327 Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Do you have system storage installed (i.e. SD card)? If so you need to leave out for the B4 firmware to install. I couldn't get it to install until I did this (Mike @ duneplayer had the same issue). Once the b4 installs then the b5 will install after. Without the b5 you will get audio dropouts

Cheers,
Damian

post #97 of 1327 Old 03-23-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:

With Dune turn on ß firmware as they rarely show "stable" releases .... ß is usually pretty good... When it comes
post #98 of 1327 Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxyp View Post

Bought TV303d few days ago, not impressed so far...
1. m4v format (mp4 with Apple metadata) support is minimal. No chapters, does not detect 5.1 audio track correctly, shows DD stereo. No subs, etc...
2. Switching audio tracks while bitstreaming very flaky. A lot of times I get digital noise, seems like it is having trouble telling the receiver, which audio format it is outputting. My amp is Yamaha RX-V3800. Never had such problems before. Sometimes there is digital noise even while it is sending PCM and decoding audio itself. Especially AAC tracks.
3. IPTV support absolutely minimal. Just a stream player - supports DVB subs though, which is nice. Can only record what is currently displayed.
4. DVD menu support has bugs. Sometimes it hangs with flashing picture. Might be a ripping issue, I don't know. Tested with "Play" in main movie and then "Top menu". Sometimes it works sometimes not.

My overall impression is that this box is unreliable. The hardware is all there, to make it an excellent player, but...

On a brighter note: the NFS performance is really good. I'm getting 38MB/s which is enough for streaming anything. The UI is nice and picture quality is good. There could be more deinterlace modes though: I have only "Bob" and "Motion adaptive". In some situations neither are the best.

Yes. I've ran into the same issue with "digital noise" too.. I just thought it might be my files but perhaps not.

I don't get it just changing audio tracks but sometimes when the file first starts playing. Sometimes I get no audio. It's all very flakey.
post #99 of 1327 Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Do you have system storage installed (i.e. SD card)? If so you need to leave out for the B4 firmware to install. I couldn't get it to install until I did this (Mike @ duneplayer had the same issue). Once the b4 installs then the b5 will install after. Without the b5 you will get audio dropouts

I have no system storage installed. Right now I have B4 installed, that installed online fine. That downloaded in a few minutes with no problem with the automated firmware upgrade. When I try to install the B5 firmware it cannot download the file properly. It takes hours just to download 1/3 of the file and continues to time out on the download. This is why I asked where I can download the file. If the B5 helps with the audio drop outs then I'm heading in to the right direction...just trying to get there is the problem.
post #100 of 1327 Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
does the Base 3D streamer decode TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio to LPCM like it says on their "Key Features" of the Dune HD Base 3D web page? My audio processor doesn't handle the HD audio codecs (yet, if ever).

Does the beta 5 firmware play 3D MKV's yet ? (my preferred BD format) . I use makeMKV to rip my BD's .

I only use Dune's to playback MKV's (mostly BD's and a few DVD's) and TV shows (in MKV format mostly, a few M4V's)

I own a Smart D1 and B1 and would like to buy one that handles 3D. I also use Zappiti to create the film chooser. I have about 200 films and 700 TV episodes.
post #101 of 1327 Old 03-26-2013, 09:37 AM

ß5 does not play MVC MKV
post #102 of 1327 Old 03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt5282 View Post

does the Base 3D streamer decode TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio to LPCM like it says on their "Key Features" of the Dune HD Base 3D web page? My audio processor doesn't handle the HD audio codecs (yet, if ever).

Does the beta 5 firmware play 3D MKV's yet ? (my preferred BD format) . I use makeMKV to rip my BD's .

I only use Dune's to playback MKV's (mostly BD's and a few DVD's) and TV shows (in MKV format mostly, a few M4V's)

I own a Smart D1 and B1 and would like to buy one that handles 3D. I also use Zappiti to create the film chooser. I have about 200 films and 700 TV episodes.

I only reviewed the TV303D but my understanding the Base3D is the same, which means:

1) HD Audio is decoded to 2ch stereo
2) If you have a TrueHD track in mkv you will get no audio if looking to decode/downmix

Cheers,
Damian

post #103 of 1327 Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I thought that the PCM patch was also working on the 3d models to have multichannel PCM down mix ?
post #104 of 1327 Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

I thought that the PCM patch was also working on the 3d models to have multichannel PCM down mix ?

For DTS(MA) yes but not TrueHD

Cheers,
Damian

post #105 of 1327 Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM

The other problem I'm facing, aside from MVC MKV, is for Prometheus and Life of Pi, the left-eye and right-eye seem to be reversed, so you actually have to hold your glasses upside down to see it correctly - is there a fix for this on the way?
post #106 of 1327 Old 03-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Just go into the menu to swap L/R image. Some 3D TV and Projector had the ability to swap the L/R image too. There is a discussion using the naming to reverse the L/R image.
post #107 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Any word on if/when the Dune players will be implementing USB 3.0?

David
post #108 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussader View Post

Any word on if/when the Dune players will be implementing USB 3.0?

The new Dunes have USB 3.0 on the slave connection (so if you were to connect the Dune directly to a PC). The other USB ports are 2.0. Anything in particular you are looking for with 3.0?

Cheers,
Damian

post #109 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Not planning on connecting to a pc. Most of the new external hard drives have USB3.0 connections, so I expect 3.0 showing up on the other end of the connection soon. Looking for faster transfer speed (i.e. more bandwidth). Is that not beneficial?

David
post #110 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussader View Post

Not planning on connecting to a pc. Most of the new external hard drives have USB3.0 connections, so I expect 3.0 showing up on the other end of the connection soon. Looking for faster transfer speed (i.e. more bandwidth). Is that not beneficial?

If you are talking about transfer speeds as far as playback it will make zero difference, USB 2.0 is perfectly fine for even the highest bitrate stuff such as Blu ray 3D

Cheers,
Damian

post #111 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 33
USB2.0 is already over powerful for content streaming. USB3.0 only interest is for file transfer from/to a PC.

edit : beaten ! biggrin.gif
post #112 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Any word on a new firmware update? Just curious as I have some Disney blu rays that I would like to stream but from what I have read they are seemless branched and therefore the 303D can't play them correctly. Or does that depend on the container? For example, if I rip them to iso instead of mkv (or vice versa) would they play ok? Thanks.
post #113 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoops10 View Post

Any word on a new firmware update? Just curious as I have some Disney blu rays that I would like to stream but from what I have read they are seemless branched and therefore the 303D can't play them correctly. Or does that depend on the container? For example, if I rip them to iso instead of mkv (or vice versa) would they play ok? Thanks.

If you rip to mkv or do a main movie rip with Clown_BD you are fine (assuming we are talking 2D Blu rays, 3D blu rays is different). If you do a full disc rip (or even a main movie rip with DVDFab) you are stuck with the seamless branch and will have the issue.

I am not entirely confident the seamless branch issue will get resolved any time soon

Cheers,
Damian

post #114 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

USB2.0 is already over powerful for content streaming. USB3.0 only interest is for file transfer from/to a PC.

edit : beaten ! biggrin.gif

Beat you by a minute. This is the only time I don't mind being called the minute man redface.gif

Cheers,
Damian

post #115 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you rip to mkv or do a main movie rip with Clown_BD you are fine (assuming we are talking 2D Blu rays, 3D blu rays is different). If you do a full disc rip (or even a main movie rip with DVDFab) you are stuck with the seamless branch and will have the issue.

I am not entirely confident the seamless branch issue will get resolved any time soon

Most are not effected by the seamless branch issue. Most users in the know create a single .m2ts in the container of choice and be done with it. The forced sub issue needs addressing quicker than not.
jconjason likes this.
post #116 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

I am trying to rip the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I know they are Disney but are not animated ones. Do they still suffer from the seamless branch problems? Also, what about using Makemkv to rip to mkv for these? Will they still have the seamless branch problems?
post #117 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoops10 View Post

I am trying to rip the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I know they are Disney but are not animated ones. Do they still suffer from the seamless branch problems? Also, what about using Makemkv to rip to mkv for these? Will they still have the seamless branch problems?

Makemkv and Clown_BD both create a single file thus making the seamless branching issue a non issue.
post #118 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr View Post

Most are not effected by the seamless branch issue. Most users in the know create a single .m2ts in the container of choice and be done with it. The forced sub issue needs addressing quicker than not.

Or go with mkv and not have to worry about forced subs wink.gif

Cheers,
Damian

post #119 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

Or go with mkv and not have to worry about forced subs wink.gif

The TV303 honors mkv forced sub flag now?
post #120 of 1327 Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post

The TV303 honors mkv forced sub flag now?

All Dunes do as long as you apply the patch

Cheers,
Damian

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Tv303d Wifi 3d Streamer
Gear in this thread - Tv303d by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page