*Official* Dune HD TV303D/ Base 3D Streamer Thread - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2014, 01:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Dune Browser stinks. What you need to do is set up a shortcut to your network drive and then you can naviagte (IIRC you hit the popup button when you are in your favorites section and you shoudl see an option to create a new Network shortcut)

As far as Zappiti, can you confirm what your media paths in your settings look like. Also can you confirm your media folder structure on your network
gimmesomemore likes this.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2014, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
There are 2 folders that hold the large bulk of files, one is \TV shows the other is \movies. The problem is there are +1000 files that are using the wrong cover art and info and have been given the wrong label. It is seeing them, but due to the imdb scraper error, they are mislabeled. The only way I have been able to correct it is by editing into each title in zappiti media centre, and also manually changing the scrape info for each title. As u can imaging with so many mislabelled titles, this is a monumental task. Is there any way to reset my list someone and rescan from scratch? Or another solution? Thanks!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:18 PM

image.jpg 102k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-21-2014, 02:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
the problems might come from TMDB...

Concerts/documentaries (and obviously your home video category) are poorly added to tmdb database which has a high focus on movies only. For example documentaries can be found somtimes in TMDB (scan as movie) but also in TVDB (scan as Tv series) and there's no rules about that because both databases are managed by the community without any clear rule about what should be considered as Movie or TV Serie... Same for concerts. So this could easily explain why the auto scraping doesn't give correct results. regarding your file/folder naming, can you give an example ? The naming should only contain the official movie/tv serie name, nothing else. If you have things like avatar.1080p.hdtv.dts.mkv, then it won't scrape correctly.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Would that cause 1,000+ different movies to be applied all the same title and cover art? I have read (and now experienced) that there is a bug in the v2.8.14.0. firmware causing this if you use IMBD as the scraper in the settings. The solution is to change the scraper to TMDB in the settings. That seems to resolve the issue for any new items, but now i have +1,000 different movies with all the same title and cover art in Zappiti Media Centre. Is there a way to reset or force it ro re-scan? I have tried to analyse/scan but it maybe only looking for new items. Not sure if deleting the items from my movie section in Zappiti M.C. will force it to rescan it correctly.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmesomemore View Post

Would that cause 1,000+ different movies to be applied all the same title and cover art? I have read (and now experienced) that there is a bug in the v2.8.14.0. firmware causing this if you use IMBD as the scraper in the settings. The solution is to change the scraper to TMDB in the settings. That seems to resolve the issue for any new items, but now i have +1,000 different movies with all the same title and cover art in Zappiti Media Centre. Is there a way to reset or force it ro re-scan? I have tried to analyse/scan but it maybe only looking for new items. Not sure if deleting the items from my movie section in Zappiti M.C. will force it to rescan it correctly.

Remove the file locations (i.e. from your pic that you attached), scan (which Zappiti should then remove all associated movies), re-add and then rescan. That should work.

Otherwise you could try deleting the Zappiti DB for 2.8.14.0 (which Zappiti closed). Reopen Zappiti and it will be like starting over fresh (You can just backup or rename the current DB so you have a copy)

Cheers,
Damian

Old 05-21-2014, 02:01 PM

Thanks bud, I will grudgingly try this over the weekend :-( I was hoping for a more targeted approach, as I have manually corrected maybe a couple of hundred titles. Although, there are around 1,200-1,300 titles that are still incorrect. At least 1,000 have the cover art for "Cinema Paradiso", and several hundred more movies are showing up as "Lion King". Don't judge me! ;-)

I am completely stunned by how little 'jukeboxing' progress has been made since Boxee Box hit the market lo these many years past! Both of my 2 boxees scraped and jukeboxed +90% of my collection with little effort on my part, and with a far nicer and more useful interface. I will miss the superior layout/navigation, online subtitle retreival (if movie file does not have one), Rotten Tomato & IMDB ratings, and trailers. Zappiti is like going back to DOS prompts in comparison. On the positive side, if I ever manage to jukebox my entire array, the Dune 303d PQ is noticeably better.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmesomemore View Post

Thanks bud, I will grudgingly try this over the weekend :-( I was hoping for a more targeted approach, as I have manually corrected maybe a couple of hundred titles. Although, there are around 1,200-1,300 titles that are still incorrect. At least 1,000 have the cover art for "Cinema Paradiso", and several hundred more movies are showing up as "Lion King". Don't judge me! ;-)

I am completely stunned by how little 'jukeboxing' progress has been made since Boxee Box hit the market lo these many years past! Both of my 2 boxees scraped and jukeboxed +90% of my collection with little effort on my part, and with a far nicer and more useful interface. I will miss the superior layout/navigation, online subtitle retreival (if movie file does not have one), Rotten Tomato & IMDB ratings, and trailers. Zappiti is like going back to DOS prompts in comparison. On the positive side, if I ever manage to jukebox my entire array, the Dune 303d PQ is noticeably better.

I would make a copy of the current db first in case you want to revert to. Remember as well, if Zappiti scrapes correctly the next time then you should have very few movies to edit manually

Cheers,
Damian

Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 PM

Thx for your suggestions. It all worked out well. I ended up deleting just the movies from zappiti's collection that had the incorrect label and cover art. Then I rescanned and sure enough it removed the incorrect cover art and labels. I did have to manually scrape a great number of them, because my movie file names have a lot of other info that confuses zappiti, but at least they had the right names to make the process easier. I still have issues with some tv shows missing seasons, but the weather is too damn nice in Toronto to waste more time on this...save it for a rainy day. It most definitely is a lot harder than it has to be, and I wish zappiti was smart enough to scrape with less manual intervention. I'm very pleased with the performance of the dune player, but the zappiti lacks features like trailers, music support, and more reliable reviews (ie imdb, rotten tom.). The pic & audio quality are great from the dune, and it has snappy performance. There is no perfect player out there, so it's a decent compromise. Dune hardware with boxee box ui would be my dream machine!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

there's no consensus on jukeboxes. All have their pros and cons. Just test them all and pick the one you like wink.gif .....

My collection is 100% movies and no Tv serial... add that my language is italian: this can influence the jukebox choice?
Here i see people mainly speak about Yadis and Zappiti: there are other suitable alternatives?
Thanks in advance smile.gif
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

zappiti will only work on zappiti players. The you can use yadis, mymovies or DuneX. Easiest to use is still yadis (and it's also in Italian).
Old 06-06-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

zappiti will only work on zappiti players. The you can use yadis, mymovies or DuneX. Easiest to use is still yadis (and it's also in Italian).

New users cant use Zappiti any longer for a non Zappiti player? I still use Zappiti on my Dune but granted I have had it for a while

Cheers,
Damian

Old 06-06-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

New users cant use Zappiti any longer for a non Zappiti player? I still use Zappiti on my Dune but granted I have had it for a while

You can still get a Zappiti license for Dune.

Looky here!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

You can't use the latest zappiti 3.0...
Old 06-08-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks, then i wil go for Yadis.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You can't use the latest zappiti 3.0...

No desire to because of being forced to the cloud. The 2.0 versions still work perfectly fine, no reason to dissuade people from.

Cheers,
Damian

Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

No desire to because of being forced to the cloud. The 2.0 versions still work perfectly fine, no reason to dissuade people from.

Then if i want to give a try to Zappiti i must dl 2.8.14 version? (it is the latest 2.xx version)
Old 06-09-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elche99 View Post

Then if i want to give a try to Zappiti i must dl 2.8.14 version?

Yes, I believe that is the version I am using.

Cheers,
Damian

Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
What's the force to the cloud all about? I just downloaded the zappiti iPad app and all of a sudden had the cloud option available in the pc app.

What other bonuses or pitfalls are in 3.0?

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
Old 06-09-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

What's the force to the cloud all about? I just downloaded the zappiti iPad app and all of a sudden had the cloud option available in the pc app.

What other bonuses or pitfalls are in 3.0?

The Zappiti developers have decided that starting with 3.0 you are forced to use the cloud to export your jukebox. That is fine to add as an option, but it makes no sense whatsoever to remove the local export that most people have/had been doing. This basically means you need to have an active internet connection the entire time

Cheers,
Damian

Old 06-09-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Interesting. I wonder if because I'm using cloud for the iPad app I'm now not exporting locally at all. ??

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 AM

I have a 303D and have been having a few dropouts with TrueHD. I've used internal and external drives, the audio is bitstreamed to a TrueHD receiver (Yamaha RX-v373). Could someone with a 303d please play this 60 second clip (below) to see if the gunshot cuts out. If I play the clip 5 times then I might hear the gunshot once. I just want to confirm whether it's my receiver at fault or the player. I contacted Dune and they said Dune HD don't support TrueHD.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pz...0s_sample.m2ts
(Maximum bitrate for audio reported by tsmxer is 4825kbps)

I asked over at AVForum if someone could test the clip on a Base 3d, but there seems to be a more active 303d discussion over here. It would be interesting to know if any player with this same Sigma chipset can stream TrueHD fully. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuk View Post
I have a 303D and have been having a few dropouts with TrueHD. I've used internal and external drives, the audio is bitstreamed to a TrueHD receiver (Yamaha RX-v373). Could someone with a 303d please play this 60 second clip (below) to see if the gunshot cuts out. If I play the clip 5 times then I might hear the gunshot once. I just want to confirm whether it's my receiver at fault or the player. I contacted Dune and they said Dune HD don't support TrueHD.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pz...0s_sample.m2ts
(Maximum bitrate for audio reported by tsmxer is 4825kbps)

I asked over at AVForum if someone could test the clip on a Base 3d, but there seems to be a more active 303d discussion over here. It would be interesting to know if any player with this same Sigma chipset can stream TrueHD fully. Any help greatly appreciated.
FYI there are several movies that I know of that have audio drop out with TrueHD. You have to remux them to PCM or Flac.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post
FYI there are several movies that I know of that have audio drop out with TrueHD. You have to remux them to PCM or Flac.
Thank you for the reply. I thought it might be a cable or my receiver. Looks like I just need to remux to mkv and then use the 'popcorn mkv audioconverter' to convert to flac, for the few films I have with this problem.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuk View Post
Thank you for the reply. I thought it might be a cable or my receiver. Looks like I just need to remux to mkv and then use the 'popcorn mkv audioconverter' to convert to flac, for the few films I have with this problem.
No problem. I know the ones I've had audio drops are Monsters University, Brave, Total Recall, Finding Nemo, etc. pretty much all of the Disney Movies using TrueHD.

Home Theater Set Up:

Old 06-13-2014, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently got a 303d player. There seems to be a lack of support for this unit. I quite like it, (I have a wdlive smp which I do NOT like). I am on a learning curve still.

A few issues:

How to play all mp3's / music in a folder. (I cant find a setting for this)

When a movie (dvd iso) is paused then restarted, it restarts for a fraction of a second, freezes, & then runs FAST! for another fraction of a second, then all is ok.

Some movies when already viewed, (I click chapters to see whats what) will only start at some point in the movie, to view from begining, must go back by chapter to begining of flick.

Dont get me wrong, I like it, I had an Argosy player, (HV359) but am not able to find one of them anywhere in the world now.

thanks for info -c-
Old 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
When a movie (dvd iso) is paused then restarted, it restarts for a fraction of a second, freezes, & then runs FAST! for another fraction of a second, then all is ok.

Some movies when already viewed, (I click chapters to see whats what) will only start at some point in the movie, to view from begining, must go back by chapter to begining of flick.
I've seen the freeze-after-unpause when my file server HDD spins down for power savings. When the Dune tries to resume, the file server takes a few seconds to come to life, and the Dune is stuck trying to play the movie without any data. Once the data arrives, it tries to "catch up" by playing fast.

Press 0 on the remote to jump back to the beginning of the movie.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post

How to play all mp3's / music in a folder. (I cant find a setting for this)
I know for tv episodes if I press the play button on the top level folder (for example Season 1) the Dune will generate a playlist and play all tv shows in that folder. Guessing the same would happen with music

Cheers,
Damian

Old 06-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
I've seen the freeze-after-unpause when my file server HDD spins down for power savings. When the Dune tries to resume, the file server takes a few seconds to come to life, and the Dune is stuck trying to play the movie without any data. Once the data arrives, it tries to "catch up" by playing fast.

Press 0 on the remote to jump back to the beginning of the movie.
also happens if your hard drive is busy (i.e. extracting something large at the same time you're playing a video at a high bitrate so it can't feed the dune data fast enough (or in reality more so that the dune has a small readahead cache)
Old 06-19-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
also happens if your hard drive is busy (i.e. extracting something large at the same time you're playing a video at a high bitrate so it can't feed the dune data fast enough (or in reality more so that the dune has a small readahead cache)
I've got an UnRaid server, which spins down the drives when not in use. If I push play it takes a few seconds to start the movie, and I don't have any issues with it.

Home Theater Set Up:

Tags
Dune Hd Tv303d Wifi 3d Streamer