What am I missing or doing wrong with MyMovies and Dune? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I am venturing in to the world of media streamers in an effort to my my physical media to digital. I went the Apple TV 3 route and was less then impressed so I've been doing a lot of research here on these forums and for that, I must thank the fellow users.

What I've bought or in the process of buying is the following...

8TB NAS attached to a Windows 7 PC with Windows Media Center
MyMovies
Dune 3D Base Player
Software

What I am having trouble configuring or understanding on the installation of MyMovies, is that I want the program to run on the PC for obvious reasons so that it works nicely as a plug in for WMC, but I want the large data files (ISO/MKV) stored on the NAS. What is the proper installation method for MyMovies and how can I get it to recognize the data files are stored on the NAS and still maintain operation between WMC and the Dune player? No where during installation did I see where I could point MyMovies to the directory on my NAS.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-04-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 82
Hi Tony,

Sorry, I can't help with your specific question as I use Zappiti with my Dune. But in case you haven't found it yet, there is an *Official* MyMovies For Dune Thread that might help.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 33
you have 2 ways for assigning files to movies :
1. automated : turn on Folder Monitoring in MM options. This will allow MM to scan your folders (on your NAS or wherever you need), and add automatically the movie profiles to your collection, including the link to the file to be played. You can configure it so it will be 100% automated : new movies will be added as soon as you add any file to the monitored folders.
2. manually : if your collection is already set up, go to a movie profile, click on the "disc" icon, then set up the link between this movie and the file through the "disc location" (first chose the "support type" in the drop down window, it should be "Folder (online)", it will then open an explorer window where you will point to your file. Once done the "disc location" field will be completed).

If for Dune you need to setup path and configure the index location in MM options, for WMC you don't need to do this, it's fully automated. For WMC the only options you can have are presentation options (check the WMC options in MM for that). FYI : some options need some points to be unlocked.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you Mr. Eric. Your explanation was perfect, and clearly answered my question. I nominate you to re-write the instructions on MyMovie. I am fully invested in the points.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page