• 1 Post By Kelson
  • 1 Post By replayrob
  • 2 Post By Kelson

post #1 of 24 Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and need help on choosing a media player to play bd .iso files with 3D support and able to play trailers and movie menus just like I can on my PC. I purchase the Xtreamer Prodigy about 8 months ago and what a mistake I'm finding out that was. I just want to have a good media player with power to play my movies with no shutter effect as well. Good support would also be a plus. I've seen a few out there that look good but want to get some professional opinions. Being able to play the movie menu is a big plus to me. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think such a player exists.
All the new 3d players appear to be bd-lite (no java menus/no seamless branching/no forced subtitles/etc.)
The old players dune/pch/ntv550 did bd but no 3d.
I have the ntv550 it's a horrible horrible player made by an even worse company. Steer clear, the dunes appear to be favourite but you get either bd or 3d not both and the price is wrong for what it is.
willrod29 likes this.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
and you will also enjoy cinavia protection...(unless you can find an old version).
willrod29 likes this.
post #4 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

I've seen something called KDLinks HD700 that claims to play menus, etc... After buying and being stuck with the Xtreamer, not sure if I could trust all these claims. I'm really surprised that we could find computers with software that play a hell of a lot better than these dedicated media players. It's unfortunate, unless someone out there knows of such a media player, but it looks like I may have to connect a server to my home theater. I really did not want to go that route for specific reasons but its starting to look that way frown.gif
post #5 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

When you guys mention Power DVD and Arcsoft, this means you are watching movies from your PC, correct?
post #6 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Htpc may be the way to go from here on out particularly since newest version of anydvd seems to claim to disable cinavia on PC software players.
willrod29 likes this.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willrod29 View Post

I've seen something called KDLinks HD700 that claims to play menus, etc... After buying and being stuck with the Xtreamer, not sure if I could trust all these claims. I'm really surprised that we could find computers with software that play a hell of a lot better than these dedicated media players. It's unfortunate, unless someone out there knows of such a media player, but it looks like I may have to connect a server to my home theater. I really did not want to go that route for specific reasons but its starting to look that way frown.gif
Quote:
it also supports Blu-Ray Navigation Menu (BD-1.0 and 2D movies only)

So it doesn't do menus...

And if Anydvd HD is indeed removing cinavia when using PDVD or TMT (apparently from their latest 7.1.6.0 version), this is the only solution you have if you really want 3D + menus without cinavia.
willrod29 likes this.
post #8 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 06:41 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

and you will also enjoy cinavia protection...(unless you can find an old version).

A bit of a breakthrough from the guys at SlySoft. Check it out. Doesn't help us media players users though.
willrod29 likes this.
post #9 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Users are confirming that yes the 'disable Cinavia' option is indeed working for HTPCs.
willrod29 likes this.
post #10 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

yep, just saw the comments on their forum. Nice for HTPC users. Now they will certainly start the mouse/cat game with TMT/PDVD updates biggrin.gif
willrod29 likes this.
post #11 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 07:33 AM

You are so right. I'm glad I have a lifetime license for AnyDVD but on the same token, if they are successful, I'll have to purchase yet another app since I no longer use an HTPC.
willrod29 likes this.
post #12 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterthanlight View Post

A bit of a breakthrough from the guys at SlySoft. Check it out. Doesn't help us media players users though.
Well, they've actually patched the software of certain popular programs used to playback blu-ray discs on the PC to ignore the Cinavia protection.
No reason to believe that given the proper incentive they couldn't patch the fw for popular media players too smile.gif
willrod29 likes this.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #13 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post

Htpc may be the way to go from here on out particularly since newest version of anydvd seems to claim to disable cinavia on PC software players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Well, they've actually patched the software of certain popular programs used to playback blu-ray discs on the PC to ignore the Cinavia protection.
No reason to believe that given the proper incentive they couldn't patch the fw for popular media players too smile.gif

That's pretty cool. I think both AnyDVD and DVD Fab have come to the conclusion that they are completely beat when it comes to removal of Cinavia from the source. It looks like DVD Fab is taking an alternative approach for HTPC and Cinavia (after 2.5 yr they have made no obvious progress in Cinavia removal) and have built their own Player Software -- "DVDFab Media Player". It eliminates the cat & mouse game that AnyDVD will be playing with the software player makers.
Quote:
DVDFab Media Player is a Windows based media player software which is called "the world's leading Blu-ray Player Software" by users. It not only plays Blu-ray & DVD discs with Blu-ray Navigation Menu , but also plays Blu-ray & DVD folders, ISO image files and other video files in all formats.

One of the many superior features of DVDFab Media Player is that it can play videos with Cinavia protection to make them Cinavia-free. Once Cinavia protected videos come up, players are supposed to stop audio playback. However, with DVDFab Media Player, everything goes smooth.
I played with it a little and it works as advertised and will give TMT and PowerDVD a run for their money. The fly in the ointment is there is no lifetime license on this one -- it's a $50 buy-in and $10/yr afterwards.

But I think the conclusions being offered here are spot-on -- the future of BD streaming with full menus and/or 3D support is a HTPC player with foreign-made software utilities that ignore all the DRM restrictions.
willrod29 likes this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #14 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

I've tried but it sometimes doesn't work. It does some wierd stuff like it will start a movie such as Total Recall in the directors cut, then bounce back and forth to the movie with no sound. Now when I play it on my PC through Total Media, it works just fine. I could look at the full menu and pick to watch the movie and it plays just like the blu ray disc. I may just have to buy a slim form factor PC for my home theater..... Any other suggestions?
post #15 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

BTW, what is cinavia?
post #16 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:

BTW, what is cinavia?
oh... let me.....
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cinavia
willrod29 likes this.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #17 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:

BTW, what is cinavia?
Try this link. Ignore everything after the table of titles that have Cinavia and the table of BD players that support it -- their work-around section is nonsense.
willrod29 and DevinMariah like this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #18 of 24 Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
vsg

I have a similar question. Need a recommendation for a networked BD iso media player. All I need is wired connection with the ability to play 3D iso images hosted on WHS. Don't need anything else (wi-fi, jukebox, music, external/internal HDD support, fancy remote, etc).

Will the cheapest player on Realtek 1186 chipset be enough (like Egreat R6S 3D) or should I look at other players? Am I correct that they all have similar limitations - no menu support, no forced subtitles.
post #19 of 24 Old 11-20-2014, 01:46 AM

Liked: 0
Macgo Blu-ray player is what I'm using on Mac to play Blu-ray ISO image files but no support for 3D.
post #20 of 24 Old 11-26-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrod29 View Post
I've seen something called KDLinks HD700 that claims to play menus, etc... After buying and being stuck with the Xtreamer, not sure if I could trust all these claims. I'm really surprised that we could find computers with software that play a hell of a lot better than these dedicated media players. It's unfortunate, unless someone out there knows of such a media player, but it looks like I may have to connect a server to my home theater. I really did not want to go that route for specific reasons but its starting to look that way
No KDlinks play full BD menus. No BD license.
post #21 of 24 Old 11-26-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by willrod29 

BTW, what is cinavia?

oh... let me.....
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cinavia
post #22 of 24 Old 11-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
You do realize that you're replying to nearly 2 year old posts?
post #23 of 24 Old 11-26-2014, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
oppo 103, 103D, 105, or 105D. With the proper modifications will play ISO files, 3D ISO files, form attached hard drives or a NAS. I stream all my blu ray iso files from a synology and it works better than a Dune..
post #24 of 24 Old 11-26-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
If they create protection that's so hard to bypass they're going to just end up with people downloading the movies for free via a torrent site. The media companies really are run by dinosaurs.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming