*Official* Roku 3 Streaming Player Thread - Page 103 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 130Likes

post #3061 of 3063 Old 01-13-2016, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobones View Post
I am having an issue with a newer roku2 lan connection to my Asus 66u; wireless is fine. leaning toward dns1 dns2 on router need changed. Anyone else have or been able to resolve this issue?

I have a 66U. No problems wired (just updated the firmware too and since I have wired connection going all over the place from the office and had an 8 port switch going into a 4 port switch I took those out yesterday and put in a Netgear 16 port switch to simplify it a bit - have 5 connections alone in the office - printer, receiver, PC, DVR for wired cameras and Ooma telephone box). Never done anything except plug and play and I have 10 LAN connections leaving the office. I just tested my JRemote App (on both IOS and Android) for music servers in 2 rooms to make sure they worked after the re-wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3063 Old 01-13-2016, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmeli View Post
What issues? I had a problem where my receiver wouldn't notice the Roku when it had been asleep for a while. I also had issues where the roku wouldnt play video because of hdcp handshaking issues. Both seem to be fixed by putting a hdmi splitter between them I bought on Amazon. Don't know if that might help you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
This issue is it doesn't keep the video on for long, the video keeps coming on and off to blank screen. Sounds like a handshake issue but I can't know for certain. That's why I changed out the HDMI cable. I just changed it again yesterday but before I throw away another cable I want to make sure it works for more than one day.

Is there an HDMI splitter out now that supports HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 now so that It can be a little future proof?

lujan
9 Ultra HD
835 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku 3 Streaming Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page