*Official* Roku 3 Streaming Player Thread - Page 109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 150Likes

post #3241 of 3252 Old Today, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
Anyone else having problems with their YouTube app? After 12 seconds or so, mine says "a network error has occurred, please try again later"..... I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled / signed in and that fixed the problem for that session, but the next day it happened again.

Am I the only lucky one?
Very seldom but has happened before. I think it might be a network problem caused by your wifi/internet. Are you with Spectrum? If you are then they sucked!
D Bone likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3252 Old Today, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
Very seldom but has happened before. I think it might be a network problem caused by your wifi/internet. Are you with Spectrum? If you are then they sucked!
Thanks for the reply. I'm with ATT U-verse and have made zero changes to my internet. I have never had this problem before, and the only change I see on Roku's end is my Pandora app had a major update, other than that I have no idea.

YT works fine on all other streaming sources in my home.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT Flat / DEQ OFF~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #3243 of 3252 Old Today, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Anyone else having problems with their YouTube app? After 12 seconds or so, mine says "a network error has occurred, please try again later"..... I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled / signed in and that fixed the problem for that session, but the next day it happened again.

Am I the only lucky one?
I had that with the Youtube app on my Tivo Roamio this morning. I had to reboot it, and then it worked ok. In fact I'm using it right now to watch "Return to the Batcave"
D Bone likes this.

post #3244 of 3252 Old Today, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

post #3245 of 3252 Old Today, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Try a manual reboot.
As in restart? If so, then I have done that over a dozen times with no change. The only thing that works is uninstalling or even just signing out / resigning in, but it's only temporary with that session.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT Flat / DEQ OFF~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #3246 of 3252 Old Today, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
As in restart? If so, then I have done that over a dozen times with no change. The only thing that works is uninstalling or even just signing out / resigning in, but it's only temporary with that session.
That's what I did whenever I experience the same problem but then again mine could be isolated.
post #3247 of 3252 Old Today, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Not to go off topic, but I hope FCC deregulates the cable industry so every city would get more competition from cable companies themselves. One cable company per city is why everyone dislikes their provider!
post #3248 of 3252 Old Today, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
Not to go off topic, but I hope FCC deregulates the cable industry so every city would get more competition from cable companies themselves. One cable company per city is why everyone dislikes their provider!
Not off-topic at all since all these devices are relying on nothing but isp service. How I have been wishing and longing for that day to come. The exorbitant cost of cable TV is absurd. Spectrum has always affected the quality of my wifi usage and media-streaming. When that happens Netflix and Youtube looks like crap through my Roku 3 and Oppo.
post #3249 of 3252 Old Today, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Not off-topic at all since all these devices are relying on nothing but isp service. How I have been wishing and longing for that day to come. The exorbitant cost of cable TV is absurd. Spectrum has always affected the quality of my wifi usage and media-streaming. When that happens Netflix and Youtube looks like crap through my Roku 3 and Oppo.
I use my Roku 3 almost daily. First thing I do is a speed test to check my internet. I then usually use Pandora. I've had no issues with YouTube, but I normally watch that on my TiVo.
post #3250 of 3252 Old Today, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I use my Roku 3 almost daily. First thing I do is a speed test to check my internet. I then usually use Pandora. I've had no issues with YouTube, but I normally watch that on my TiVo.
I agree. The sound quality is much better with TiVo than the Roku 3. Also I have never had an issue with YouTube on Roku, just Spectrum. They seem to loose local channels just about every other week during prime time .
post #3251 of 3252 Old Today, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Living with your OCD must be tedious. Speed test daily just to stream a couple of Kbps from pandora, Only turning on your TiVos on the weekends, constantly checking signals, etc.

All power to you Joe, I hope you have time left to watch tv.
post #3252 of 3252 Old Today, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 903 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Living with your OCD must be tedious. Speed test daily just to stream a couple of Kbps from pandora, Only turning on your TiVos on the weekends, constantly checking signals, etc.

All power to you Joe, I hope you have time left to watch tv.
Two Roamio units that run 24/7. One networked Premiere for off-line storage. Speed test is only one button. I enjoy playing with my toys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku 3 Streaming Player