post #2011 of 2016 Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by richeydog View Post
I'm looking for some help with my roku 3. I've noticed that when I'm streaming something live(watchespn, byutv sports, mlbtv, etc...) I am seeing some sort of stuttering/frame rate issue. Not sure what to call it. For example, I'll view a soccer match/baseball game on watchespn with the roku, and I see this issue the whole time. But, if I watch the same soccer match/baseball game on our DishNetwork system, everthing is smooth.

Weird thing is, if I use the roku to select a program from watchespn, say 30 for 30, it's just like seeing it on DishNetwork. Nice and smooth. It seems like the prerecorded programs run smoothly. Anything live just doesn't look right. I can't explain how or what I'm seeing. If anyone has any clue let me know.

My tvs are lg42lk450 and panasonic TC-L32B6
It's pretty normal when streaming from these services. I don't see that at all on netflix, hulu or amazon but I do see it on the ones you mention. There's also a lot more to take into account such as your own network at home and the network between your house and servers where the video is streaming from. So many variables.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2016 Old 07-29-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I'm looking for some help with my roku 3. I've noticed that when I'm streaming something live(watchespn, byutv sports, mlbtv, etc...) I am seeing some sort of stuttering/frame rate issue. Not sure what to call it. For example, I'll view a soccer match/baseball game on watchespn with the roku, and I see this issue the whole time. But, if I watch the same soccer match/baseball game on our DishNetwork system, everthing is smooth.

Weird thing is, if I use the roku to select a program from watchespn, say 30 for 30, it's just like seeing it on DishNetwork. Nice and smooth. It seems like the prerecorded programs run smoothly. Anything live just doesn't look right. I can't explain how or what I'm seeing. If anyone has any clue let me know.

My tvs are lg42lk450 and panasonic TC-L32B6

Test this: On your LG tv set, go into the picture options and turn OFF "TruMotion". Bring up the video that you say stutters, and see if it's now working ok.
post #2013 of 2016 Old 07-29-2014, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
make sure motion blur, motions smoothness, soap opera effect setting, or whatever your TV calls that setting is not turned on for that HDMI input that your roku 3 is using.
Thanks. My tv's don't have 120hz processing or any of the those modes. So I don't think that is what is causing it.
post #2014 of 2016 Old 07-29-2014, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer75 View Post
It's pretty normal when streaming from these services. I don't see that at all on netflix, hulu or amazon but I do see it on the ones you mention. There's also a lot more to take into account such as your own network at home and the network between your house and servers where the video is streaming from. So many variables.
Right. I don't see it from netflix, hulu, and amazon either. Basically, anything that is streamed from a movie source is fine. It's the live stuff that looks odd. I wonder if chromecast or appletv suffers from this also?
post #2015 of 2016 Old 07-29-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Right. I don't see it from netflix, hulu, and amazon either. Basically, anything that is streamed from a movie source is fine. It's the live stuff that looks odd. I wonder if chromecast or appletv suffers from this also?
Just tested on my Chromecast with espn. Looks the same as the roku. Pretty smooth right now on both.

HTPC: Intel e6300 2.8ghz, Intel DG45ID, 2gb DDR2, Radeon 5570, MCE IR receiver, Yamaha RX-V663 receiver via HDMI, panasonic ax100u, 145" S-I-L-V-E-R painted screen, 2x Roku 3's, chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Vizio M602i-B3
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku 3 Streaming Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page