*Official* Roku 3 Streaming Player Thread - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 102Likes
post #2791 of 2792 Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
Anyone liking this new 'auto-play' feature when selecting a title to read further? Instead the title would start while I'm reading in expanded mode. Not fond of it.

I'd read about it in their blog and discussed it a bit with someone who had it on a new unit in this topic in the Roku site forums, but it's been a month without my seeing it on any of my devices that I'd checked so I figured that they might have gotten sufficient complaints about the "feature" to back off it. Apparently not . It's now on my Roku 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360, but not on my TiVo Roamio or the Netflix app in this smart TV (though the TV's app has implemented the Roku 3's 2-second-no-reload start up). I have 2 other devices with that UI: my PS3 hasn't been plugged in since I moved 7 months ago and I haven't tried it on my Fire TV Stick yet.

Can't say that I'm fond of it. Thankfully my TiVo doesn't have it yet, that being my principle Netflix watching platform (that and Fire TV Stick, which is on another television; I pretty much never watch Netflix on other devices). I guess we'll see how annoying it is by-and-by.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2792 Unread Today, 07:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I'd read about it in their blog and discussed it a bit with someone who had it on a new unit in this topic in the Roku site forums, but it's been a month without my seeing it on any of my devices that I'd checked so I figured that they might have gotten sufficient complaints about the "feature" to back off it. Apparently not . It's now on my Roku 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360, but not on my TiVo Roamio or the Netflix app in this smart TV (though the TV's app has implemented the Roku 3's 2-second-no-reload start up). I have 2 other devices with that UI: my PS3 hasn't been plugged in since I moved 7 months ago and I haven't tried it on my Fire TV Stick yet.

Can't say that I'm fond of it. Thankfully my TiVo doesn't have it yet, that being my principle Netflix watching platform (that and Fire TV Stick, which is on another television; I pretty much never watch Netflix on other devices). I guess we'll see how annoying it is by-and-by.
Last night I checked out this feature from Netflix on my Roku 3. I really like it. I hope they implement it on my TiVos and my Sony BD player soon. Since those are the devices I use for Netlfix because I like the way they work better than the Roku.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku 3 Streaming Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page