Best solution for streaming live internet video from laptop to tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I tend to watch a lot of youtube videos and also live streaming sports. Because I hate the youtube app on my panasonic hdtv and because you can't find live sports feeds on devices like a roku I am looking to find the best device that I guess will extend/duplicate my desktop to my tv.

I currently just use an hdmi cable. Basically that is the kind of experience I am looking for. While this setup gives me exactly what I want, I am looking for a wireless solution that doesn't require a cable drug across my living room.

My laptop does have WIDI so I've checked out things like netgears push2tReviews tend to be all over the place on these devices though and I'm worried about buyers remorse.

So basically just looking for some thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm far from an expert and won't pretend to be. As you say, youtube is "different" when you access it from something besides your computer. TV apps, game consoles, streamers etc might have youtube, but the overall experience IME is not quite the same as when you're sitting at your desk surfing vids.

I'm guessing a HTPC would be a good choice for you but to get sound advice you might want to post specifics around your budget, current set up, etc...