AUDIO STREAMING TO INTEGRA DTR 40.1 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-23-2013, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two questions about streaming music.

1) How do I stream music from my laptops iTunes library? I have an Ethernet cable in the back of my receiver and my laptop connected to wifi but from here I don't know what to do.

2) I have the NET setting which is Vtuner, Serius radio etc but is there a way I can add the site songza.com to my receiver and just stream directly to it?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
1) iTunes only streams to Airplay receivers, if yours isn't then it will not. The easy thing to do is buy an Apple Airport Express and hook that up via analogue 3.5mm or mini optical to optical to the receiver and that will make it an Airplay receiver. The AE has a wizard which will guide you through the setup process, if you have wired ethernet network in place then there is no need for the wireless function but you can choose to connect via ether.

2) Airfoil, will automatically push the audio from any application on your computer to the Airplay receiver so your no longer limited to iTunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming