TV Playback from cloud - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have the unlimited pogoplug cloud service and keep my movie collection backed up in the cloud because of harddrive failure (I have had three in two years). I am looking for a device to playback from the pogoplug cloud not the local wifi pogoplug. I have an Xbox and PS3 but I do not beleive these are capable of performing this task. If they are please provide directions to get this to work. I may need to purchase a set top box i.e. WD Live TV, Boxee, Apple TV, or Roku etc. My television is not a "Smart" TV. I am unfamiliar with the set top boxes but which would be best to perform this task to watch my movie collection from the cloud on the TV?

Please Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those of you that are interested in this solution, I have been in communication with Pogoplug support and initially there are no devices that support direct playback from the cloud. However I have devised a plan to get it to work and Pogoplug support confirmed the plans feasibility. Using an IOS device i.e. ipad/iphone to play directly from the cloud and using airplay to play on an apple tv. This is the only viabnle solution that I see at the moment.

Cloud>>>>IOS>>>>AppleTV.

Thank you for your intrest.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page