Using H264 encoded files on Panasonic DMP-BT220 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using WD TV Live HUB to stream video files to a Panasonic DMP-BT220. I would like to view files that are encoded using H.264 which is supported by BT220. The sample video files on the Live Hub plays great. They are .mp4 files encoded using 264.

Files that I convert using .264 or existing 264 encoded .mp4 files don't work. I understand that I must use the correct profile that is compatible with the BD Player but I can't seemed to get the right combination.

I use mediainfo to see what the profiles of the files that work but I can't quite duplicate it using my current toolset. I am using Quicktime Ultra Converter, avidemux, and Any Video Converter, none with any success.

Panasonic's support has been non-responsive.

Does anyone know the exact profile required to get .264 encoded files to work on a Panasonic DMP-BT220?

Thanks.

Andre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-26-2013, 03:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Dont use any of those converters they are all terrible. Use Handbrake to do conversion, start with the normal preset and see if that works, if it doesnt then try the universal preset.

The DMP-BT220 is a fairly lame media player, Panasonic don't explicitly state that it supports MP4 over DLNA in fact the manual states MP4 only works over SD card & USB. What it does mention though is MKV, try using MKV as the container in Handbrake and see if that works too.

You can repackage existing H.264 MP4 videos into MKV using MKVmerge.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page