Audio crackling on Handbrake AAC Audio track - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all thank you for taking the time to read this and here's my problem.

Hardware:
Sony PS3 Slim Model
Raspberry PI 512mb Model
37LG30 TV
LG LSB316 Sound Bar
Buffalo Tech Network Drive with DLNA
Netgear Router with tomato firmware

Wiring:
PS3 to TV: HDMI
RPi to TV: HDMI
TV to Soundbar: Optical

Problem:

I have a movie that I've encoded with Handbrake's "High Profile" preset which includes an AC3 pass-through track and a downmixed AAC stereo track. When playing the video the AAC audio track crackles and pops at every slightly loud sound. However if I select the AC3 audio track it's fine.

So my question is if anyone has a way to batch process the removal of audio tracks it would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2013, 04:51 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Are these MKV files?

A little scripting with mkvmerge would make new versions with only specific tracks retained. It would be helpful if your files had consistent numbering of the audio tracks.

I haven't tried it, but I recall MKV allows tracks to be tagged as disabled, perhaps made invisible? That would be faster than making a new copy. The batch tool would be mkvpropedit, which is part of the mkvmerge package.

Does this happen with all your files? I've had no issues with either AC3 passthru or AAC conversion on Handbrake. I use High profile for DVD and Normal for Blu-ray.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page