FIOS TV APP XBOX - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 25
For those who are using this app and are wondering why the constant buffering on evenings and weekends I finally have some info on the problem. Here is the latest response from Verizon via facebook:
Verizon FiOS 3:49pm May 16
Andrew,
Andrew,
You deserve an answer, but at the moment we do not have one that we can put out publicly or even just in a private message here. It is a known issue that is being addressed. When you involve giant companies like Verizon and Microsoft and have them build a platform that uses servers from television stations like TNT, FOX, ABC ect there is a lot of difficulty troubleshooting as we need access to all of the information and it is in no one spot. We appreciate your patience in this matter and please be assured that it is being looked into.
^Matt

Doesn't look good for this app. Makes me wonder if they are considering pulling the app. Curios though that Comcast has their app working without these issues. Sounds like Verizon's development team is either incompetent or lazy. I have been dealing with this issue for 5 months. I guess Verizon never heard of beta testing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-17-2013, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroys88 View Post

>>>>> SNIP

Sounds like Verizon's development team is either incompetent or lazy. I have been dealing with this issue for 5 months. I guess Verizon never heard of beta testing.

Having been a FIOS customer for many years and living through botched or buggy cable box OS upgrades and other promised features etc.  your last part is spot on.

Laters,

Jeff

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...
My HT Construction Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
My 2.35:1 Discussion Thread - Updated Pictures 3/15/07
XBL = eqshadimar
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page