Help me set up a home theatre pleaseee! (I'm new here) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to set up a home theatre. I'm trying to get the highest quality possible through a projector and screen and some sort of hub.

I have a vast collection of 1080p HD iTunes movies/shows, would I be able to watch these in all their glory on some sort of projector and screen?

Aside from projector and screen, what sort of hub would I need? I want to be able to watch my 1080p iTunes movies even without wifi streaming, so maybe store them on some sort hard drive? Is that possible with iTunes movies?

What's the best solution for me? Money is not an object, I'm willing to pay top-dollar, but only if this buys me top quality audio and visual form my 1080p iTunes collection.

Also worth asking, are the itunes 1080p movies even worth buying? I mean, will they be out-dated in a few years by some new best tech like 2080p or something and can these 1080p itunes look flawless on the right projector/screen set up?

Thanks a million if you reply and help me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-19-2013, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Since you have a vast collection of iTunes the Apple TV is your best option to hook to a projector or TV. Don't use iTunes so can't tell you if you can download them to a HDD, which I doubt.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry4 View Post

I'm looking to set up a home theatre. I'm trying to get the highest quality possible through a projector and screen and some sort of hub.

I have a vast collection of 1080p HD iTunes movies/shows, would I be able to watch these in all their glory on some sort of projector and screen?

Aside from projector and screen, what sort of hub would I need? I want to be able to watch my 1080p iTunes movies even without wifi streaming, so maybe store them on some sort hard drive? Is that possible with iTunes movies?

What's the best solution for me? Money is not an object, I'm willing to pay top-dollar, but only if this buys me top quality audio and visual form my 1080p iTunes collection.

Also worth asking, are the itunes 1080p movies even worth buying? I mean, will they be out-dated in a few years by some new best tech like 2080p or something and can these 1080p itunes look flawless on the right projector/screen set up?

Thanks a million if you reply and help me out!

Your iTunes movies, while 1080p are actually low quality. Blu-ray provides a much higher bitrate and quality. If "money were no object", I would be purchasing Blu-ray movies along with a Kaleidescape player http://kaleidescape.com. I would pair that with a high-end projector like a Digital Projection Titan Reference or something of that ilk.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You need to look at a lot more info, room type, batcave or ambient light, sound requirements. If you are all apple tv then you only need dolby digital 5.1 apple tv is decent, I have used it in a 158" 2:35 screen and looks fine. Some movies are better than others. The larger screen will show any issues with the encode. But for comedies, animation,etc I am okay with it, it is hard to tell to me. But blu ray is the way to go, star wars, transformers, dark knight etc. Once you get that hd audio and the full blue ray resolution and depth it ishard to go back. It just depends on how picky you are. One thing, if you like the atv quality etc.don't look to hardif you are happy, stickwith happy. This stuff is like crack, once you start it is hard to stop. If you are dark room do not care about 3d a lot go with jvc x35 ,golden ear tritons, carada screen, apple tv. If you get hooked on the hd audio, blu ray definition, I have used most of the streamers, if you do notneed 3d openelec on a intel nuc, is sweet!
If you want 3d and are cool with no or manual movie jukebox go mede8er 1000 or 600. Good luck, a lot of research in your future.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page