Tags Spontaneously Change??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2002, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's an odd thing...I've got a collection of about 1000 mp3s on my pc that I access via audiotron. I ripped these files from cds with musicmatch, and I've spent a lot of time (too much!) fooling around with tagit and tag&rename to get the tags the way I want them.

A couple of days ago, I upgraded my audiotron to a version that didn't work right (when I accessed it with alternatron, a third party app, it would lock up). So I did the 'restore factory defaults' thing (mistake) and then downgraded to a prior flash version and got things working again. But at that point, I noticed that a handful of the tags had worked fine for weeks had gotten screwed up.

Specifically, I had a number of tags with hyphens in them (e.g. title of Album was Silver Collection - Louis Armstrong in order to distinguish from Silver Collection - Billie Holiday, Silver Collection - Wes Montgomery, etc; similarly, I had a number of artists tags that read something like 'Annie Get Your Gun - Original Broadway Soundtrack' to distinguish from 'Peter Pan - Original Broadway Soundtrack', etc. But spontaneously the hyphen and the stuff after it (or in the case of the artist tags, the stuff before it) disappeared; it seemed to go back to the original tag form as it was before I had edited it to begin with. Any idea as a technical matter how/why that would happen?

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-15-2002, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Do the ID3v1 tags match the ID3v2 tags on those tracks? I find sometimes that the Audiotron will favor the v1 tags, and sometimes the v2 tags.

Remember, it's just television...
Planet Replay: http://www.planetreplay.com
Do you VUDU? http://www.planetvudu.com
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2002, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I generally use tag & rename to copy all id3 v2 tags to id3v1, so I don't think I have any difference between the two.

Alan
Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page