Popcorn Hour A-300 Vs Dune and other media players - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-31-2013, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
im getting frustrated with my popcorn hour this is my 3rd model but i have a problem that alot of people seem to be having right now and thats with jitter/judder in mkv files at 1080p 23.976 and no word on a fix coming

so im looking at other players

what other players would be comparable quality wise i dont care much about jukebox interfaces and such just want something reliable and that will play these and other formats fine

i know the dune is most comparable is there any others?

any major problems right now with the Dune HD Base 3D i belive this would be the most comparable model to the a300 right?

what are the dimensions of the Dune HD Base 3D ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-01-2013, 12:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 592
I used to own a PCH-A300 after a week of ownership, I returned it. I also used to own a PCH-A210, which play all my files without issues, but every time I updated the firmware I had issues, and it got tired of maintaining the jukebox. At the same time, I owned a Dune Smart Series D1, which played all of my files without problems, and the Zappiti jukebox was easy to maintain.

I sold my PCH-A210 and bought a Dune TV303D, which plays all of my files without any issues. I do not do 3D movies, and I do not do ISO movies. All my BD movies are ripped by using AnyDVD HD (decrypter) + ClownBD to get a main movie only Folder Structure file. For DVD I use MakeMKV, and for TV Shows I use MakeMKV as well.

The other media player that I liked was Mede8er. It played all of my files without issues, but I didn't like the jukebox. Too much trouble maintaining it, and editing it. Even now, you need two programs one for movies, and the other for TV Shows.

I recommend Mede8er if you want to play 3D movies and 2D movies. If you only care about 2D movies and a nice jukebox, I recommend Dune.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 300 Networked Media Jukebox , Dune Hd Tv303d Wifi 3d Streamer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page