Newbie with MoCa need help with setting up MoCa with Verizon Fios - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys newbie here with MoCa wanting to set up MoCa with verizon fios. I did spend some hours reading up on terms and information regarding MoCa but still have some concerns before ordering the required hardware

I have verizon Fios 50/20 package and using the provided mi424wr router im only getting 20Mbps download speeds using wifi (does not matter how close or far i am to the router). Im guessing there is a lot of interference from other wireless devices. 20mbps is still fine for regular wireless devices but i need the whole 50mbps upstairs to my media room PC.

The ONT is downstairs and is connected to the mi424wr router VIA Coax. I also have directTV Dish and ive read that there are some complication with the both? will i still be able to set up MoCa in conjunction with DirectTV?

The directTV is wired so that the STB is upstairs and a Coax connected downstairs to provide Both the upstairs and downstairs TV with dish TV.

If possible, how do i go about setting up MoCa? How many mi424wr devices do i need since i already have one? any other info that i may have not read that is important?

Thank you for all the help and please bear with me as im level one newbie with this technology (although i learn quickly!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2013, 09:12 AM

It sounds like you may have an older G wireless network setup on your PC rather than the new, faster N.

We also recently started Verizon FiOS 50/25 service a month ago and I found this same issue with our 6 year old laptop. It ran at 20 mbps down over wi-fi, but when I plugged it into the router (same model as yours) with an ethernet cable, I got the full 50 mbps.

Good luck,
RangerDave
post #3 of 3 Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page