AVS Forum banner

Nuvola NP-1 and NP-2 4K Media player starting at 300$

25K views 146 replies 38 participants last post by  Rudy1 
#1 ·
I recentely heard about this media player NUVOLA NP-1 coming from a company called Nanotech entertainment.

what do you think will be just ONE more android player.

Media player Nuvola NP-1 4k (300$)

Come this summer, owners of the 4K UHD TVs are able to pick up the Nuvola 4K Media Player that will come bundled with 10 videos in true 4K resolution, in addition to 10 video games and 5 multimedia applications, all for just $299 a pop, while this fall,they will gain access access to a fee-based streaming video distribution service known as NanoFlix UHD that will offer a library of 4K titles.

The Nuvola NP-1 4K Ultra HD Media player features an ARM Cortex-A7 Quad Core processor and a custom 3D GPU optimized for 4K video playback. The player uses the Android Operating System allowing for a complete entertainment experience. In addition to the ability to steam 4K content, users can play a variety of games and select from thousands of compatible Android apps that will be available at launch. Cinematic experiences are further enhanced as the player also supports UHD 3D Movies at a stunning resolution of 3840×1080 at 30 frames per second. The NP-1 ships with a standard IR remote. Also available is the optional Nuvola RP-10 RF remote that features a 3 axis motion sensor for game play, handheld mouse control, and a full QWERTY keyboard for fast and convenient on screen text entry.

videos on vimeo
https://vine.co/v/b3X5PLFUi2q

videos on VIMEO

https://vine.co/v/bYjn2ZgPwZA

And heres pictures of NUVOLA NP-C 4K

https://nuvola4k.com/index.php

See less See more
#4 ·
That is not a 4k streaming stick. That is the typical HD stick. No one has a 4k streaming device to date except for Nanotech Entertainment. Get the specs straight. Sony has a 4k player but it doesn't stream content. The Nuvola NP-1 and NP-2 are the very first of it's kind. It also has a 3D chip. Has many more advantages also, just do the research. It's literally an all in one entertainment device..

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius26  /t/1477811/nuvola-np-1-and-np-2-4k-media-player-starting-at-300#post_23452239

That is not a 4k streaming stick. That is the typical HD stick. No one has a 4k streaming device to date except for Nanotech Entertainment. Get the specs straight. Sony has a 4k player but it doesn't stream content. The Nuvola NP-1 and NP-2 are the very first of it's kind. It also has a 3D chip. Has many more advantages also, just do the research. It's literally an all in one entertainment device..

I see you are new member in AVS , do you have any commercial interest in this device?

i made some questions in nanotecth entertainment facebook page , and link this topic to it.

its plausible in my opinion that you work for this company by reading your first post, because it seems you no more about this device than all researches i have done.

you work for nanotech

A- do you want open the game about the device ?

you DONT work for nanotech

B- can you link your findings and researches about the NP-1, reviews, other than the Facebook page?

#7 ·
I'm also a member of the facebook page and a shareholder. What I mentioned is plastered all over their page. It is the first 4k streaming device. Saw the post and had to comment. I also watched the SHM online and the senior technologist for the Nuvola mentioned Sony's device and said it was just a 4k player NOT a streaming device. I have looked online EVERYWHERE for a 4k streaming device and haven't found anything. Except for the Nuvola. Hope that helped. Oh, and YES I will be purchasing one when they are available.

#8 ·
Copy and pasted from their FB Page. From what I gather with all the special features like the 3d chip, 3 usb ports, 1 SD card slot, WiFI etc etc this will surpass any set top box I have ever seen. Roku has a box you can buy with ONE usb port but it only plays MP4 files. I'm hoping this plays all Video codecs. It it does then I won't need 3 devices anymore. Just one to view my personal video library.

Nanotech Entertainment The Nuvola NP-1 4K Ultra HD Media player features an ARM Cortex-A7 Quad Core processor and a custom 3D GPU optimized for 4K video playback. The player uses the Android Operating System allowing for a complete entertainment experience. In addition to the ability to steam 4K content, users can play a variety of games and select from thousands of compatible Android apps that will be available at launch. Cinematic experiences are further enhanced as the player also supports UHD 3D Movies at a stunning resolution of 3840x1080 at 30 frames per second. The NP-1 ships with a standard IR remote. Also available is the optional Nuvola RP-10 RF remote that features a 3 axis motion sensor for game play, handheld mouse control, and a full QWERTY keyboard for fast and convenient on screen text entry.

This was ALSO posted

Imagine a Roku on steroids. That is what the Nuvola NP-1 is. It is not just limited to 4K, it will support ANY resolution. Here are some key highlights.

-3 USB ports

-Wifi

-Analog Audio Out

-1 Micro USB

-Wired Ethernet port

-Optical Audio Out

-SATA (2.5" HDD)

-SD/SDHC card slot

-Has 3D graphics chip built in

-Skype, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube apps all built in

-You can watch your favorite channels like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Etc etc without any other device.

-You can play almost all Android games and run most Android apps

Think of it as an Android Tablet connected to your TV that can stream / play 4K video and the games will be killer!!!

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius26  /t/1477811/nuvola-np-1-and-np-2-4k-media-player-starting-at-300#post_23452509

Copy and pasted from their FB Page. From what I gather with all the special features like the 3d chip, 3 usb ports, 1 SD card slot, WiFI etc etc this will surpass any set top box I have ever seen. Roku has a box you can buy with ONE usb port but it only plays MP4 files. I'm hoping this plays all Video codecs. It it does then I won't need 3 devices anymore. Just one to view my personal video library.

Nanotech Entertainment The Nuvola NP-1 4K Ultra HD Media player features an ARM Cortex-A7 Quad Core processor and a custom 3D GPU optimized for 4K video playback. The player uses the Android Operating System allowing for a complete entertainment experience. In addition to the ability to steam 4K content, users can play a variety of games and select from thousands of compatible Android apps that will be available at launch. Cinematic experiences are further enhanced as the player also supports UHD 3D Movies at a stunning resolution of 3840x1080 at 30 frames per second. The NP-1 ships with a standard IR remote. Also available is the optional Nuvola RP-10 RF remote that features a 3 axis motion sensor for game play, handheld mouse control, and a full QWERTY keyboard for fast and convenient on screen text entry.

This was ALSO posted

Imagine a Roku on steroids. That is what the Nuvola NP-1 is. It is not just limited to 4K, it will support ANY resolution. Here are some key highlights.

-3 USB ports

-Wifi

-Analog Audio Out

-1 Micro USB

-Wired Ethernet port

-Optical Audio Out

-SATA (2.5" HDD)

-SD/SDHC card slot

-Has 3D graphics chip built in

-Skype, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube apps all built in

-You can watch your favorite channels like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Etc etc without any other device.

-You can play almost all Android games and run most Android apps

Think of it as an Android Tablet connected to your TV that can stream / play 4K video and the games will be killer!!!

From my experience, I've noticed that every new device that comes out promises that their device will play everything out there and more. There is nothing like it. Then when they finally come out and get tested... nothing works correctly. Then promises with everything will be fixed with firmware. After months or years of firmwares it still not working correctly. Then they find that, it is going to cost too much money to try to fix their devices. So, they go under. A few weeks later, the same company comes back up with a different name lol.

Show us that it works, and it does what it is suppose to do.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s  /t/1477811/nuvola-np-1-and-np-2-4k-media-player-starting-at-300#post_23453563

From my experience, I've noticed that every new device that comes out promises that their device will play everything out there and more. There is nothing like it. Then when they finally come out and get tested... nothing works correctly. Then promises with everything will be fixed with firmware. After months or years of firmwares it still not working correctly. Then they find that, it is going to cost too much money to try to fix their devices. So, they go under.
Whenever I read a post like this I can't help but immediately think of the NTV-550.

#14 ·
Pre-ordered mine today! http://www.nuvola4k.com/

My early adopter gene is just too powerful for me to resist the urge!!

It is like playing the Lottery, if you don't play you can't win and in the meantime you get to fantasize about all the fabulous 4k you soon will be watching!!

People at the http://www.avsforum.com/t/1359018/sony-vpl-vw1000/5160#post_23536641 thread have been talking about this thing for a long time.

Hopefully now we will actually be able to see some 4k content on our incredible 4k projectors!!

#15 ·
 http://www.nuvola4k.com/

Is it just me, or do they misspell "television" at the top of their page?

Anywho, I'm debating on pre-ordering vs just watching for it on Amazon.

At one point, I suppose AppleTV will be pumping out 4K, but I'm betting that's 1-2 years away.

___

Addendum: Well, tried to go ahead and pre-order it, but when I hit "submit", it took me to a blank web page. Same on second attempt. Anyone else have this happen? I suppose I'll look for an email, but so far, I haven't seen one.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OconRecon  /t/1477811/nuvola-np-1-and-np-2-4k-media-player-starting-at-300#post_23536953

Addendum: Well, tried to go ahead and pre-order it, but when I hit "submit", it took me to a blank web page. Same on second attempt. Anyone else have this happen? I suppose I'll look for an email, but so far, I haven't seen one.

It worked for me as I pre-ordered one

#24 ·
Well, the one with the Nvidia chip is the newest and fastest CPU to run Android. It just came out on Toshiba's Excite Pro 2560 x 1600 tablet and the upcoming Nvidia Shield. This is basically a set top box version with features like USB 3.0. At CES they demoed the chip loading web sites, it loaded pages in under 1 second at 2560 x 1600, and they showed 4K trailers on it.

This company is apparently a small company looking to provide it in a format specific to home/theater use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.