What is the most stable media box for DVD/BD ISO files? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I don't need any online streaming access or any other extra fluff. I just want to be able to store my BD/DVD on a large disk for the jukebox affect.

The 'large disc' can be a NAS or attached drive.

The media box must be able to play 3D BD ISO, DVD ISO, and BD ISO.

Live BD would a plus, I think the Dune Zappiti has this.

Some movies I might ax the menu options, others I might decide to keep.

I've looked at a lot. The two that catch my attention are the popcorn hour a-400 or the Dune Zappiti. I like the fact that the PCH also acts as a NAS server, since we have a couple other TVs with original WD TV boxes.

It's hard to read the PCH dedicated thread because they discuss all the streaming options and all I'm really after is juke box ISO playback.

There isn't much info on the Dune Zappiti box. It's basically a Dune Base 3D with the Zappiti juke box interface.

Both boxes pass through (that's what I would use with my AVR) all the HD audio options.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 594
None of the new 3D media player can play Full Menu BD ISO's. They only play lite menus, which lets you play the largest file withing the ISO. So, with 3D ISO, and 2D ISOs you are out of luck with the new media players. The best 2D ISO with full menu support was the Dune Smart Series, which have been discontinued.

The best 3D media player at the moment is the Mede8er, which its jukebox is lacking since you have to use two different programs one for movies and one for tv shows.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #3 of 6 Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for your reply. I actually just purchased the Zappiti box from Dune. Thought about the B-1 (only one available in the states) but decided against it in the end. Now I need to re-read everything again while focusing on what seems to work best for ripping. I think it was folder structure via clown BD or something like that. Also looking at DVDFab and another one I can't recall at the moment.

It's late and I've read a lot. Brain is fried for the night!

My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server

post #4 of 6 Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I use ClownBD + AnyDVD HD and rip main movie only to folder structure.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #5 of 6 Old 07-06-2013, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Gus- can you take your folder structure rips and, in the future, convert them to say MKV etc?

Do your rips include hard subs? Ability to include 2 audio tracks?

post #6 of 6 Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Gus- can you take your folder structure rips and, in the future, convert them to say MKV etc?

Do your rips include hard subs? Ability to include 2 audio tracks?

Yes. All my folder rips can be changed to MKV is I wanted. All of my rips include the HD and AC3 track as well as subs.

Home Theater Set Up:

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page