WDTV 2TB LIVE HUB internal hard drive playback problem. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-01-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was hoping someone could help.

I just purchased a 2tb Wdtv Hub...as i saw a couple of posts ago someone confirmed you can download directly into it's internal hard drive and play.

Well its about 2 weeks old if that...and i finally got around to doing this...and it will stop playing about 14 minutes into either of the two mkv files. Then if I restart it will just do it again...now if i select skip to another time frame it will play from there and then shortly stop the movie again later.
It does this without an error message. (this was copied into from computer to \\wdtvlive\root then when finished downloaded copied from there to \\wdtvlive\NewMovs)

It has played all mkv files just fine when they were accessed through the network from the computers shared drive previous to this.

My router is an older Linksys 54g which has worked well with my prev non hub Wdtv.

A little disappointed but hoping to work it out somehow.

Can anyone else confirm downloading directly to it? and being able to play just fine? now keep in mind what I did was copy to root then once download complete move the file to subfolder NewMovs. So im playing from there and not the Root. It really shouldt make a diff tho.

I am on the latest and greatest fw does anyone have a link to rolling it back ? I saw a post about new fw curing NAS device logins but I dont have a NAS so i'd try the older one.

I am currently now copying from the computer via the network known to be good working movies into the same subfolder...to see if they play just fine.

Which if so ...would leave me to believe that it simply does not like movies being downloaded directly to it...or my router is banging up the data packets when it does so....but i am not really leaning in that direction.

***Edit***

I was able to play the already downloaded files which were copied via the router to wdtv internal hard drive and so far 1 movie played with no problems...so maybe it just doesnt like for files to be downloaded directly to it and then moved to a subfolder ?

Another thing that dawned on me is that I may have accidently shut it off maybe while I had the download going on...so Im trying to test with a new download now and making sure that that kind of mistake doesnt happen.

Can anyone confirm for sure that if you shut the unit off and it's front light goes off..it for certain cuts out power to the internal hard drive?
There are lots of devices that u shut off with a remote who are really technically still on..or else they wouldnt kick on with the remote.

Thanks.

-Felipe Cumberino
Benq W5000 on a DA-Lite- Adcom GFA 555- Adcom GFP 710 - Oppo BDP-83 - Polk Monitor 10's fully upgraded audio grade xo's. -WDTV Live -Samsung flatscreen part time and non movie duties. Happy Happy Happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-01-2013, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Subfolder playback should not be an issue in most cases.

Sometimes the latest and greatest firmware is not so great. Rolling back can fix things. Attempt at your own risk. Or call WD for assistance:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

Page 5 of the manual:
• When power LED is on:
-
Press the power button to power down the media center.
The internal drive is put in sleep mode and other devices
can still access it.
-
Press and hold for five seconds
to completely shut down the device and make the internal drive inaccessible.
• When power LED is off—Press the power button to power on
the media center and wake the internal drive.

You'll feel the drive stop spinning when it's off.

Try posting here:
http://wstd.lithium.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/bd-p/wdtvlivehub
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page