I have an MED600X3D running F/W v2.0.0, hooked up to an Anthem MRX700 receiver via HDMI. Audio is set to Passthrough, and video is set to HDMI Auto, with 23.976 enabled and Auto Frame Rate off. My Anthem receiver is set to pass HDMI video through to my Sony projector untouched. All of my media streams to the MED600 via a wired Gigabit network from my Windows 7 PC running Hanewin.
All of my Bluray rips stream and play fine. Absolutely no stutter. They all play as 1080p/23.976fps correctly. However, if I try to watch one of my few DVD rips, they stutter. Not a network stutter, but a framerate stutter, like there is a mix-up somewhere. Media Info for one of my DVD rips shows that the video is 480p/23.976fps (with 2:3 Pulldown) but when the MED600 sends the video to my Anthem receiver it is picked up and displayed as 1080p/29.970fps therefore causing onscreen stutter.
I have also tried two other MED600X3D's in my house on two separate TV's (a Panasonic plasma and Sony LED) with Yamaha receivers but the same issue happens with the DVD rip being playbacked as 1080p/29.970fps instead of 480p/23.976fps. This shows that it is not my receiver/TV setup causing the playback issue (as all three TV's and all three receivers are all set to "Through" for HDMI video). I have also tried enabling Auto Frame Rate on the MED600 and forcing 1080p/60hz output on the MED600 with the same result. I can further confirm it is the Mede8er where this problem starts because simply hitting the Info button the Mede8er remote shows that the movie is playing as 1080p/23.937fps.
I used MakeMKV to rip all my DVD's to MKV format and then TSMuxer to convert to .TS format (stock settings for each program).
Thanks for any and all help!